Thread: J P Enterprise CTR-02 ???

Default J P Enterprise CTR-02 ???

OK, my son has spotted one of these with a Night Force 5.5x22x56 scope on it - new, I think, for $4700.00 Ouch!
    Anyway he asked "Dad" what I know about these - I said "zilch"! Anybody got one? Had one? Good - bad???
    Write ups look good but that's all I have to go on...
    While it looks sweet I told him he could probably find a very nice shooter of some type for half the amount - no match shooting just the usual weekend fun stuff for him...
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

Your son could find a "weekend shooter" AR for $700! If he wants to jump into high level competition this is a pretty good gun. Other than that, why spend $4700?
    I may be slow, but I get where I'm going!

I think JP enterprises is still the most used AR in multi gun competitions and they contribute a lot to the shooting sports. I have been shooting a JP15 for about 2 years and it is great. However, i bought it used and got a very good deal on it. Not sure if i would pony up the dough for a new one. Not saying its not worth it just that its a lot of money. Also i think the CTR-02 may be being phased out for a newer model, not sure though. You could call them and ask anything you want, they have always been very helpful. So for your son i would say it depends on what he wants it for and how often he intends to shoot it. I think that price is a little high for that setup but not knowing what options it has its hard to tell. CTR =2600, Night Force 5.5x22x56 = 1650 ish, good mount = 200 ish. Also if its for multi gun competition he will probably not want that optic anyway. But like .338 said, there are cheaper options out there that may meet his needs just fine.

Thanks guys - I told him the same thing you both have said - it looks like a quality comp gun that may be worth the price if you decide to enter that sport - however there are rigs to shoot cans at 300 yards we can assemble MUCH cheaper! A Bushmaster with a decent scope will do all he likely would need....
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

I will derail my own thread a bit - any input on the carbon fiber AR's vs metal? As I get older the lighter weight appeals to me but I don't know anything good or bad about them???