Thread: Trail along the river toward Eklutna from the Highway?

Default Trail along the river toward Eklutna from the Highway?

I was flying around and up the Eklutna valley last week and saw what appeared to be a fairly defined trail up the Eklutna valley toward the lake. Anyone know anything about this?

I'd like to explore in there as long as it didn't mean stepping on anyone's toes.

You probably saw the route the water line for ER/Anchorage takes from the lake down to the treatment plant. The cities get most of their water from Eklutna lake and there is a buried pipeline that runs along the creek.
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Maybe you're talking about the Eklutna Lakeside trail? It goes to the back side of the lake and up the valley.

Tim

I think AK Mud nailed it. Do you think AWWU frowns upon four wheeling on it? I would assume so, but it would still be interesting to walk it first and explore!

Default Eklutna

Except for a patchy section of river corridor near the outflow of the Lake, landownership is mostly Eklutna, Inc. You'll need a free permit from Eklutna (and no ATV's) to explore it. Sounds like a nice walk.