Thread: Hammer Time/New babies

Default Hammer Time/New babies

Thought I would share what is going on in Kodiak this unusually long cold winter. The guns pictured I just finished for the up coming bear season. From left to right
    is .376 Steyer-.416 Taylor-35 Newton, The Newton as a 17.5 in barrel and the other two are 16.5". I strictly hunt with handguns and shooting two of the three for the first time this weekend to make sure my lug welds held was a real hoot.

The Taylor in the Front has the Vais brake on it and is hands down is the best brake I have ever used. When I can shoot a 350 grain bullet at 2350fps from a hand cannon without gloves one has to give credit to this awesome brake. Nothing got knocked of the shooting bench. No back blast. My hat stayed on my head and no headaches after a few shots. The 35 Newton shot well and the brake on it was nearly as effective in recoil and a little more noise than the Vais. The Newton yesterday was shooting 250 grain bullets at around 2600pfs from the pistol barrel.

FYI
    Neal

Nice barrels, Neal. I may have to talk to you about a forend for my Encore. I'm still waiting on my 16 1/8" .338 Win Mag barrel from Mike Bellm but if it shatters the synthetic forend I will need a replacement.

Fyi

Last year Mike B. made the .375 H & H, put your forend on and after three shots pulled the screws through the forend and out the other side. He had to go in and back fill the forend, piller bed for three screw holes. Then the gun went to Africa

Neal