Thread: Went to a 10yr anniversary/vow re-newal ceremony in a kayak.

Default Went to a 10yr anniversary/vow re-newal ceremony in a kayak.

And I CAUGHT a fish!

So the ceremony is supposed to start at 3pm in front of Blackstone Glacier from a boat. A buddy of mine is there as well and he has shrimp pots down and wants to check them. I hitch a ride to Blackstone Bay (where the glacier is) and have him drop me off.

Nothing crazy but hooked maybe 5 or 6 rockfish waiting for the ceremony to start. One was a really nice 24.5 inch yelloweye rockfish. Decent size for being so close to port.

I saw more whales than fish, maybe a dozen in the 3 hours I fished. One pod came so close that i could smell their "breath". Halitosis to the max....nasty.

But what a great time. How often you get to go to a ceremony like that in a kayak...in front of a glacier...and catch a 24.5 inch rockfish!?!?!?!?! Life is GOOD!

My outback comes TUESDAY!!!!!!! WOOOHOOOOOO!

At least one of you had a good day, your buddy has been doing such a poor job he had to re-commit, heck you could throw the fish back if you didn't like it. Just kidding of course(kinda) congrats to you and you buddy. ( bet the fish didn't ***** about the weather)

Very nice..
    I like the idea the couple had and the venue is amazing..
    thanks for the great share..
    When you come to a fork in the trail, take it!

Rentals for Canoes, Kayaks, Rafts, boats serving the Kenai canoe trail system and the Kenai river for over 15 years. www.alaskacanoetrips.com

Quote Originally Posted by Don_h View Post
    At least one of you had a good day, your buddy has been doing such a poor job he had to re-commit, heck you could throw the fish back if you didn't like it. Just kidding of course(kinda) congrats to you and you buddy. ( bet the fish didn't ***** about the weather)
    I like your analysis of my day!

I did toss one back (not a fish) and for some reason, much like a barotrauma afflicted rockfish, just won't go away after release! lol.

Fortunately for my buddy, he has a keeper. Great gal and very accomplished motocross and snowmachine rider who loves to fish.

Default I know them

Hey that looks like my buddies Aaron and Adrienne
    Quote Originally Posted by Kardinal_84 View Post

2005 Weldcraft 24' Ocean King
    Keepin R' Wet
    Wasilla, AK

Quote Originally Posted by spyguy386 View Post
    Hey that looks like my buddies Aaron and Adrienne
    The one and only "A" team!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk