Thread: looking fot kotz moose hunting partner

Default looking fot kotz moose hunting partner

Well, I was supposed to going on a trip with my wife out of kotz for moose. However she is now going to be going to school instead as she got into a program that she has been applying for the last few years. Kind of a bummer, but she is super excited. The trip is booked Sept 13-20 and deposits are in. I have gone the last two years with great Success. My dad bailed on me last year and I found an awesome partner through this site and am hoping to do the same this year. Cost is 3150 per person which is a great price for that area. Pm for more information about transporter and area. I have all the gear needed and am ready to roll.

Futurerancher,
    I am in a similar situation with my regular hunting partner moving out of the neighborhood. I have communicated with two possible individuals via this website. I am planning an archery caribou North Slope hunt for late Aug and early Sept. We both still have time to "break the bush" for potential partners. If all fails, I can contact a family member and offer to pay for their airfare. Times likes these you have to have a good plan. Best luck. Jojo

Futurerancher,
    Ever consider going solo? I have found myself in similar situations in the past and even had to cancel a trip or two in my earlier hunting days. With jobs, families and life circumstances it seems that if you do many of these trips, you will end up with some cancellations. I have found you can go either of two routes, plan your trips with more people so that if anyone drops out it does not kill the trip or plan to go solo, if your partner has to drop. I chose the later and I have found hunting solo can be a great experience. Not something you want to do all the time, but certainly something that can be quite rewarding.
    Of course depending on fly out cost and such that may not be monetarily feasible, but it's something to consider. It's not for everyone, but you might give it a try. You might be surprised by how rewarding it is and you might be surprised by what you learn about yourself while you are out there.

My 2 cents anyway.

Louis

I'm headed up this year but please keep me posted on any other opportunities in the future. I'm always down but non-resident (hopeully welcome?)

Thanks for the reply guys. Going solo is an option for sure. The biggest bummer would be slicing up a moose solo. Hopefully something works out. It's a great hunt and a great time of the year to be running around in the arctic nw.

I have talked to quite a few members about this hunt but no takers yet. Anyone interested?

Not saying everyone is a ******* , but I had a guy burn me on a caribou hunt from this site back in 2003 . Pulled a no show at Illiamna I was allready in the the super cub and 5 miles from being put down. Thank god I didn't rely on him for anything. Beware of those from detroit. Just sayin'

I have had it happen as well. Met a guy through a mutual friend and we set up a fly in hunt. Come to find out he was an active poster here. We talked throughout the year, went through gear list and decided who was bringing what. I show up at the transporters and the dude had called him that morning and canceled. Long story short, another guy from another party threw in with me and we had a hell or a hunt and we are friends to this day. I guess you never know what will happen on a trip like this. Getting left at the super cub alter sure sucks though.