Thread: Glock Upgrade/Replacement Trigger?

Default Glock Upgrade/Replacement Trigger?

I have a G20SF with the creepiest trigger I've ever felt on a Glock. This thing really needs to be replaced. Who makes a good, smooth, replacement trigger for Glocks? This is for a 10mm target pistol.

Thanks!

MyTime

Is this your first Glock?

The trigger can be made lighter and given a shorter reset by changing out a part called the trigger connector. That's not a disconnector. It is the bar from the trigger to the cocking tab on the striker. This will lower the pull weight.

Glock triggers are never going to be a nice, crisp, single stage, break like the tip of an icicle trigger. Than can be made much more user friendly. There are several companies that make the upgrade parts for Glocks. Try these web sites.

http://glockparts.com/

http://www.topgunsupply.com/

http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Products.aspx?CAT=197
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

When did Glock make a target pistol?
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    When did Glock make a target pistol?
    Model 24 C

Default Thank you for the intel Murphy & no, not the 1st Glock

Murphy,

This is my 5th Glock and I currently own 3 (G21, G30, G20). My G21 and my G30 trigger pulls are fairly smooth and I shoot pretty well (for me) with them, especially the G21. The Glock triggers pull was not a bad transition following years of the M9 but it is not nearly nice as the 1911s that Ive owned. The target pistol comment I made, yes, I use it at the range for self improvement of technique and I consider it my target pistol. Once I am comfortable with my accuracy, which I am not now, I plan to use it for hunting but not if I can't improve the trigger. This particular trigger pull is actually bad. I've upgraded to a LWD long slide with a 6.6 threaded barrel to shoot HC bullets. I know the LWD offers their Glock triggers but I did the web searches and didn't find any alternative triggers or any reviews on the LWD triggers.

I asked a couple of Glock-experienced shooters at the range to fire a magazine each and let me know their opinions, one of which just retired from Army SF with 34 years, has decades a competitive shooter, and has participated with firearms development and evaluations. His opinion was that was my Glock trigger was the worst he's ever felt on a Glock.

I know that there's a lot of experienced shooters here on AOD who have more experience with Glocks and I've had so that's why I started this thread.

Thank you for the links Murphy, I'll look them up in after I get home from work at 0300 tonight.

MyTime

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    Is this your first Glock?

The trigger can be made lighter and given a shorter reset by changing out a part called the trigger connector. That's not a disconnector. It is the bar from the trigger to the cocking tab on the striker. This will lower the pull weight.

Glock triggers are never going to be a nice, crisp, single stage, break like the tip of an icicle trigger. Than can be made much more user friendly. There are several companies that make the upgrade parts for Glocks. Try these web sites.

A new connector will increase or decrease from the factory 5 lb trigger pull and may help a little on smoothness but the biggest thing is to do the old Glock "clean and buff" which is mostly just smoothing contact points on the pins and trigger pieces as well as the inside of the frame where the trigger rotates on the trigger pin and parts move as you squeeze the trigger.

I use a 320 grit wet sandpaper and is seems to work pretty well. You can also smooth the trigger safety and take any rough edges you may find along the way to include the magizine well and smooth them out as well. When done, blow the gun out with compressed air and grease as shown in your owners manual. I have tried 600 grit grinding compound but it did not seem to get any smoother as it would on steel....you can only get the polymer just so smooth.

If that doesn't do the trick then you may have some bad parts in there somewhere. Get in touch with...I think it is Dan at Lone Wolf and see he has any ideas.

Good luck!!

Well yeah....I guess they do make match guns. The 24, 34, 35 and maybe others are in that category. They all have a 4.5 # triggers I think but not polished anywhere. I've honestly not run into a creepy Glock trigger. They don't have good triggers so I just try to squeeze and keep the sights aligned. You could send back to Glock. They'll fix it but as has been mentioned they are an easy do if yourself fix.

Take a look at the Glockworx Fulcrum Trigger.

Replaces the Glock setup, and has various adjustments. This is not cheap but my Glock buddies assure me it is the one you want.

I think the company is now called ZEVtech.

http://www.glockworx.com/Detail.aspx?Prod=156277

Quote Originally Posted by Nutjob View Post

Replaces the Glock setup, and has various adjustments. This is not cheap but my Glock buddies assure me it is the one you want.

Thanks Nutjob. I wasn't aware of this trigger. MidwayUSA has it on their site for less $$$ than glockworkx.

MyTime

Quote Originally Posted by Lowrider View Post
    the biggest thing is to do the old Glock "clean and buff" which is mostly just smoothing contact points on the pins and trigger pieces as well as the inside of the frame where the trigger rotates on the trigger pin and parts move as you squeeze the trigger.

Great idea. Saw a video last night on this subject and plan to do it on my G20 soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutjob View Post

Getting one for my G20.

$80 cheaper here at the Glock Store.

Drop in part with installation video as well.

Slick as a hand rail in a whore house.

http://glockstore.com/pgroup_descrip...Accessories%2F