Thread: Silvers at Swiftwater?

Default Silvers at Swiftwater?

Hello from Pompano Beach! I'm taking a break from offshore fishing down here in South Florida to get up to the KP for my third year running- I can't wait. I've been up there the past two years at the very end of July/beginning of August and done well on the reds at Swiftwater Campground in Soldotna. This year I'm goig up for the middle/end of August to (hopefully) get into some silvers and rainbows. Is Swiftwater a good place for silvers, and if not, any suggetstions? I'll be RVing, so anywhere on the KP is fair game for me. Thanks, and tight lines.

I've done pretty well from Swiftwater for silvers. There are lots of other good places to try, but that's a nice campground to base yourself out of, too.

Between the Willapa Rivers, United States

Default Lots Of Options

I'll agree with coho slayer that Swiftwater is a nice campground for a base.You might want to expand your expirence a bit and try other place as well if you've been at Swiftwater for the last couple of years.Centineal Campground comes to mind as does Coho Cove on the Kasilof River.And then,there are always the other rivers furthur south all the way to Homer.I'd suggest looking at a map and see what will fit into your scheduale and timing.There are a lot of outstanding areas on the Kenai Peninsula.

Thanks guys. Mark, I'm wide open for suggestions. I've heard that the Kasilof is productive for kings and reds, so I'm assuming the cohos hit it hard as well. Do they get thick like the reds, meaning, periods of fast and furious fishing? My wife and I are on this trip, and we need fast action to keep her interested in fishing. Seldovia was suggested to me, and sounds fun. I also heard that Seldovia was a good place to take halibut trips out of. Do you have any experience there? I appreciate anything you might add. Thanks.