Thread: motor automatically turns over when installing new batery in honda 300 trx.

Default motor automatically turns over when installing new batery in honda 300 trx.

Just got hired on at a plantation in south ga and the 4 wheeler there has been basically untouched for a year or so. It runs pretty decent but you have to use the kickstart. I got tired of the kickstart and when to town and bought a baterry. When I got back and began to hook it up after the negative was connected and I tried for the positive and the engine turned over. I cannot get this to stop. Therefore I cannot hook up the battery. Please help.

Sounds like either the starter solenoid or the starter switch is stuck. Check the button for the starter switch to see if it got stuck in the pressed on position. If the switch is ok, find the solenoid and whack it a few times with something (reasonable whacks...). If neither of these shadetree troubleshooting methods work, disconnect the starter switch. If the problem goes away, fix the switch. If it is still there, focus on the solenoid.

Not much else in that circuit that would cause the symptoms you describe....
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....