Thread: Gander river boats and hi

Default Gander river boats and hi

Been gleaning knowledge from you folks for a bit so I thought I should say thanks and hi. I am looking at getting a shallow water rig. A guy from out east put me on to gander river boats so I wanted to put it out there to see if anyone has heard of these or any thoughts. I was about to pull the trigger on a Scott hb with a mud bud then I saw this. The white wulf is what I am thinking. With a short shaft it looks like a shallow water dream and it has a flat floor for fly fishing.

A river boet is a river boat, I did not fine the boat you were looking at, look at how it is built the strength of the unit, transom strength, if it welded or riverts when put together, the thickness of the metal , the length of the unit , how wide , the number of seats, how the seats are instaled riverts, welded, are they off the floor, you get what you pay for, there is nofree lunch unless you get a used one an the person selling it wants to move it, the motor you want is a good unitfor shallow water/ mud you never stated what type of water you are looking at, the question you asked should by on the power boat section not the canoe side,

the link: http://www.geanges.ca/ganderriverboat.htm thought it would be in the freighter canoe fam

Cool Video. It does appear to be in the freighter canoe class. I wonder what they mean when they say they modified the keel to keep the prop from striking.
    Wasilla Real Estate News
    www.valleymarket.com

I didn't see a capacity rating as well. Any idea what it is?
    Semper Fi and God Bless

The White Wolf looks neat, but doesn't seem, to me, like it would be ideal for rough Big water, i.e., large lakes, salt water, big rivers.The Hudson Bay is designed with all those conditions in mind. Perhaps White Wolf is designed for their local swamp and river conditions. Further, the transom seems a bit narrow for a substantial motor.

Finally, what's the price? Looks a bit pricey to me.

(cont. from last post.) The biggest hassle and added expense for getting one of the White Wolf's would be transportation to Alaska from the manufacturer. The same for the Scott freighters. However, the Scotts are an established boat for this Interior country, the Whit Wolf isn't. And there is an established Scott dealer in White Horse, and a web network of info and opinion from Hudson Bay users to access. I'd like to see some user reports on the White Wolf and a description of the country/water it's being used in. In other words, White Wolf is an unknown quantity. I know a Hudson Bay works in my preferred neighborhood. I'd let someone else spend their money on a White Wolf and tell us about it.