Thread: Danattherock's Famous!

Default Danattherock's Famous!

I always thought you were quite picturesque... with a fish in your hand, that is! Nice pic of your Steely in Fish Alaska Magazine, my friend! That was one beaut of a Steelhead! I'm looking forward to seeing you and Carrie again soon!!

That's excellent. I'll have to find a copy and see it. Congrats, Dan!
    ~ Kristie~
    The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope. ~John Buchan

LOL!~cool
    "When the time comes for a man to look his Maker in the eye, where better could the meeting be held than in the wilderness?"

John,

Looking forward to seeing you soon as well man. Won't be long. As for the mag, I will order a back copy or two. Folks and grand folks will get a kick out of it. Didn't renew my subscription as we have been moving around so much lately. In last 8 months we have lived on Nantucket,Mass, in Anchorage, and now in North Carolina. Hard to subscribe to anything.

Which image did they use?

-Dan
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Beautiful fish Dan!

Quote Originally Posted by danattherock View Post
    John,Which image did they use?-Dan
    They used the top image
    hook, line, sinker, done.

Ahhh dang it. They photoshopped the Boga Grip out.

Nice fish, even nicer chaw....Quit two years ago....still get the shakes....

Yup, top pic. I don't think they approve of the fish fondling! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by qkayak View Post
    Ahhh dang it. They photoshopped the Boga Grip out.

The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Quote Originally Posted by Laker Taker View Post
    Nice fish, even nicer chaw....Quit two years ago....still get the shakes....

Feel your pain man. Quit last week for 36 hours. Wife couldn't stand my ass. Mouth full now. Need to quit. Worst thing, I used chew to quit smoking 7 years ago. Worked like a charm, but the chew is far harder to quit. Maybe I will use cigars to get off the chew. ha ha...

-Dan

Quote Originally Posted by JohnSWA View Post
    Yup, top pic. I don't think they approve of the fish fondling! LOL!

Had a touch of carpal tunnel in my left hand at the time. Reeling him in flared it up, fingers were cramping and bending. Was doing good to hold the fish at all. A lively fish that got more pissed as the fight continued, I was also trying to keep him from flopping around and hitting the ground. Admittingly, I should not have landed that fish. I got lucky. 7 times out of ten, the fish would have won. Knowing this made the memory more special. Not sure I deserved such a fish, but I will never forget it.

-Dan

You fought it, landed it and got the pic to prove it! You deserved it my friend!