Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brooks sheep partner needed

Default Brooks sheep partner needed

So I booked a year out and my sheep hunting partner isnt going to be able to make it.I got all the gear deposit is made fly out on the 8th of august not sure of the drainage will hunt that decision will be made based of hunting pressure.Will be hunting the eastern brooks on a 7 to 10 day hunt.I would like the first opportunity on sheep and my partner could have dibs on grizzly or bou.The cost of the hunt will be around $2k per person.

Thanks
    ďA man does not climb a mountain without bringing some of it away with him,and leaving something of himself upon it -- Sir Martin Conway

Quote Originally Posted by BIG 27 View Post
    So I booked a year out and my sheep hunting partner isnt going to be able to make it.I got all the gear deposit is made fly out on the 8th of august not sure of the drainage will hunt that decision will be made based of hunting pressure.Will be hunting the eastern brooks on a 7 to 10 day hunt.I would like the first opportunity on sheep and my partner could have dibs on grizzly or bou.The cost of the hunt will be around $2k per person.

Thanks
    hello tim,,wish I could join you but have to guide starting the 30 of july to sept 3,,maybe another year ,,good luck,I should be in kavik on your way out,

Craig,

Right on I shoukd see u the 8th then. Im going even if I dont have a partner .
    ďA man does not climb a mountain without bringing some of it away with him,and leaving something of himself upon it -- Sir Martin Conway

Dang man! Wish you had caught me on a different year. If I wasn't away I would deffinately be in.

Default Bear

Last year I took a nice silverback boar grizzly,and a beautiful bou,and my partner shot a 35 in ram.This will be a great hunt the brooks is a special place.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG 27 View Post
    Last year I took a nice silverback boar grizzly,and a beautiful bou,and my partner shot a 35 in ram.This will be a great hunt the brooks is a special place.
    Now this year should be your turn and you partner is bailing on you. THAT STINKS!!! What is his excuse?
    Semper Fi and God Bless

Steve couldnt commit when I booked due to his wifes military obligations and now I think he has plans and a partner.So will see thanks for the bump tboehm sir.

Solo is the way to go.... the luck of going solo, you will see bigger and more animals, it just happens that way....good luck, a good tripod and self timer on a camera works well for self portraits....

Kahahawai

Thanks for the bump bud.I hear you I really dont mind at all going by myself I will have a sat phone but I thought I would offer this first as Alaska can be cruel at times.It makes for a lighter pack in when going in tandems like splltting the weight of shared items stove,tent, spotting scope etc. If you dont mind send me your solo packing list for spiking out I would like to compare it to mine as weight will be a serious consdieration. My email is sheephunter1974@yahoo.com

Thanks You Sir And Good Luck To You

Who's flying you?

Just sent you a PM.

Tim's a solid partner, I would be heading back out him again this fall if the situation would have allowed for it.

Here is a link to our trip last year, I feel that it is only fair that the one that has done all the planning get first shot at a Ram.

This is a great opportunity for a last minute just bring your gear sheep hunt.

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...y!!?highlight=

This would be a great hunt for a new sheep hunter, Tim knows how to hunt and this would be a great way to get experience.

Steve
    Last edited by stid2677; 07-10-2011 at 13:26.
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

Default Sheep

Steve,

Welcome back.Thanks for the kind words we had a great year last year .

Tim

Tim,

Shoot me a PM, Im highly interested... Lets talk about it!

Default Partner

Akcubpilot,

As your a new member I cant send u a pm.However you may contact me at my email sheephunter1974@yahoo.com or by phone working nights on the slope a good time to reach me is 5pm until 6am.

Thanks for the interest.

Tim

Steve,

It won't let me open that link. I wish I was home, I would've been all over this one.

Another props for Tim. Great guy, great hunter, and a man of his word. Don't hold back on this one as it is a great opportunity.

Thanks Tim,

Email sent!

Tim,Sent you a PMEric

Thanks for all the interest spot is still available at the moment.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast