Thread: How to Choose the Best River to Dipnet in July

Default How to Choose the Best River to Dipnet in July

Just wanted to offer another practical solution to help folks decide.

~tr

Thumbs up That IS funny

What I've noticed is that people get their days figured out, and seem to always return on those exact days every single year.

I think your dice have better odds of success than the method I said in my first sentence.

I have an easier solution, Tony, but it's all on you.

If you get back in-state and the offer still stands for the Kenai boat, I'll go that route. No pressure, though, seriously. I do want to do the Kenai just once and actually get some fish, though. If you're not back, I'll do the Copper. I may end up with a proxy to get on the Copper if I head back that way, so even without a supplemental for myself, I'll have plenty of fish to get to make the trip worth the run. driver.gif

Quote Originally Posted by FamilyMan View Post
    What I've noticed is that people get their days figured out, and seem to always return on those exact days every single year.
    Yep. I always put in for vacation time on the same days in July each year. Makes it easy to plan a trip and we know what to expect. I fish Kasilof these days, but have fished the Copper and Kenai as well. Not as many people at Kasilof (although that is changing every year) and the Copper is a bit too dangerous to make me feel comfortable taking the kids along.
    Just a bitter Alaskan clinging to his guns and religion.....

I can't dipnet because I am a nonresident. During my many trips to Alaska, most have been in July (like this year) but I have been there in every month from May to August. Enjoyed every day of every trip. Even the cold, rainy ones that I was not prepared for (found out my rain jacket was poorly designed for Alaska rain!). I have no luck so far getting my wife to take a trip in September (our anniversary month). I've been told it is a great month to fish for silvers.