Thread: Where's the Kryptek Gear?

Default Where's the Kryptek Gear?

So I made the choice to wait and go with the Kryptek Gear for hunting clothes. The gear was supposed to be released to cabelas on the 5th in stores. However, the Cabelas store only has a flyer and if you look on the website to order it, everything is backordered. How is it that the day it is supposed to be released in stores, it is already on back order. I have no idea if it will even be available by hunting season. Does anyone know why this is the case. I don't want to tie that much money up into something that I am not going to have to use and still have to spend more money on something else until that comes in. Seems like a crappy way to run a buisness if you promote a release date and don't actually have the stuff. I am not very happy with the Kryptek gear company or Cabelas right now. I was going to go with them but I am thinking about going with the Kuiu gear now.

Needing to clarify... Currently Kryptek gear will be available online and through the catalog only. It will not be in stores for a few more weeks. We apologize for the confusion.

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

It isn't "available" anywhere. It is backordered. It is sad that their countdown said "in stores" and it isn't.

I will say it's worth the wait.. .. I will agree but I understand how difficult it is to have to change things because a retailer isn't prepared..

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

I'm sure that it probably isn't a Kryptek problem but a Cabelas one. This isn't the first time that they have promoted the release of something only to not have it when it was supposed to be there. It is just unfortunate for Kryptek as it is affecting them also. I'm going to end up going with KUIU instead, I recieved an email from Mr. Cleghorn explaining what the issue was. If I was to order it, it is possible to have it but if there was anything wrong I would be S.O.L. If I could wait I definitely would, but it was cutting it close to begin with and now it is past the point where I can afford to wait. It'll just have to wait until the next time I am in the market for new gear.

Due to the incredible customer service from the guys at Kryptek I am ordering their gear. It is amazing that a buisness will still take time out to talk to customers about the issues they have. I will be trying out the gear this year and will let everyone know how it performs. If their approach to their gear is the same as the customer service I am sure it will be incredible. Thanks to all those at Kryptek for their help and advice. I still think that this will be the last order I make from Cabelas though, there customer service still hasn't replied to the email I sent them asking about the Kryptek gear, I sent that on the 6th and didn't contact Kryptek themselves until the 8th. Kryptek got back to me within a couple of hours.

Im sure you won't be dissapointed..straight shooting on your hunting adventures

MT SLDR,
    When did they say the gear would be delivered? I was riding the fence but now I think the Kuiu will be a better option. It would be great to see them both side by side but I doubt that will happen before sept.

They said I would have it by the 22nd of July.

I ordered a set of the Kryptek Cadog Shield jacket and pants last weekend and got them yesterday. Tried them on and they are seriously comfortable. I can't wait to take 'em for a spin in the sheep mountains in a couple weeks.

Glad to hear it Jeff , we expect a full write up from you since you opened the door.. with pictures.