Thread: AK Resident Caribou no special permits

Default AK Resident Caribou no special permits

I've been coming to AK for quite few years and was finally lucky enough to move up a little over a year ago to Wasilla. I have a 17' Alumaweld with a prop on it, and two wheelers. Last year I moose hunted with my father in law in 13 and seen several nice bull caribou but we didn't have a tag and I still don't. Is there any place on the road system besides the Slope and the Chicken herd that you can hunt with semi success from the road/wheeler? Anything off of the Parks Hwy? I'm getting my bow cert this month but just as happy to use a rifle. Any info would be great, if anyone wants to get together to do a hunt I would love to split costs.

Not looking for a honey hole, just general areas that are open to hunt and have animals.

Thanks!

The short answer is no, unless you can find some obscure glitch in the regs.
    My child was inmate of the month at Mat-Su pre-trial Correctional facility.

Thats what I'm seeing, looks like I will be heading to the Dalton or up to Chicken this year... Thanks for the PM's

buy a $300,000 dollar beaver, learn to fly it and get your pilots licence for $35,000, buy a special pack that weighs 3 Oz less than mine for $1200 buy a new 375 H&H Mag (cause you might se a bear) with a carbon fiber stock that costs $2500 and the ammo is $75.00 a box. oh, and don't forget to hire a guide that will charge you $5000 for showing you animals you could see your self, and packing out the animal, which is good for you cause it gets you in shape (and you have braggin rights) and the camp cook so you don't have to do any "womens work" while your hunting. Oh yes, and the meat processor, cause its a cryin shame if you have to cut and package your own meat.

Do that and there won't be any limit to what caribou hunting you can do.
    Eccleasties 8:11 Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, There for the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.

Quote Originally Posted by FurFishGame View Post
    buy a $300,000 dollar beaver, learn to fly it and get your pilots licence for $35,000, buy a special pack that weighs 3 Oz less than mine for $1200 buy a new 375 H&H Mag (cause you might se a bear) with a carbon fiber stock that costs $2500 and the ammo is $75.00 a box. oh, and don't forget to hire a guide that will charge you $5000 for showing you animals you could see your self, and packing out the animal, which is good for you cause it gets you in shape (and you have braggin rights) and the camp cook so you don't have to do any "womens work" while your hunting. Oh yes, and the meat processor, cause its a cryin shame if you have to cut and package your own meat.

WOW, having a good day, . I'm going to try and do the Dalton the first week of August with my bow. I got a canoe today for the Sag. I will be excited to just see the new country, seeing a caribou will be a total bonus!

thanks again for the PM's

Quote Originally Posted by Teacherman View Post
    WOW, having a good day, . I'm going to try and do the Dalton the first week of August with my bow. I got a canoe today for the Sag. I will be excited to just see the new country, seeing a caribou will be a total bonus!

thanks again for the PM's
    Lol, I worked 70 hour this week on the farm and I am tired of people always talking about all the stuff they "have to have" for hunting.
    Eccleasties 8:11 Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, There for the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.

Sounds like we need to hunt together! You must have seen me out last fall?

Or move to Game Unit 23
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....