Thread: Exploring the Big-Su south of the Deshka

Default Exploring the Big-Su south of the Deshka

Going to try and find the mouth of the Yentna, Flathorn Lake and the Alexander anyone up to making the run on Saturday July 9th? Will meet at the Deshka Landing

Well if you going to try find the mouth of the yenta. Bring extra gas..you willl need it finding the mouth of alexander and the flat horn lake.

Sent from my Milestone X using Tapatalk
    Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

It took me a bit my frist time finding alexander... flat horn is alittle easier

Sent from my Milestone X using Tapatalk
    Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

We burned 58 gallons of fuel from Deshka landing to Alexander Lake, 2000+ lbs in the boat, 2.5 hours all the way to the lake...
    ------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....

Finding the Yentna is easy. Not grounding your boat, hard

ALASKAN SEA-DUCTION
    1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
    MMSI# 338131469
    Blog: http://alaskanseaduction.blogspot.com/

Finding the creek to Flathorn isn't hard but making into the lake is unless water is waaaay up. Gets really skinny the closer you get. Watch your speed entering any creeks you haven't been in before or you could find yourself high and dry really fast. "ask me how I know.." Yentna is easy just follow the crowds. Never went up Alexander except in winter because they shut down Kings when I was running out that way. Bring a couple pike lures, thats all I'm gonna say...
    "If your not the lead dog.... the view never changes"

Decision, Decisions..... Would love to meet up with you as we have yet to explore up north, but we are thinking about going to the Twenty Mile River on Saturday. If our plans change, will give you a holler.....

We were just in Flathorn yesterday....water is wayyy up. The slough going in is as high as I've ever seen it. We made it all the way down and never touched bottom. Slammed a lot of pike, they were very active especially on top water baits. FYI, I have a Sea Ark Predator w/200 hp optimax, and went through 25 gallons. Boat was loaded with 3 guys, and of course all the essentials.

Fish long, fish hard

Quote Originally Posted by cruzer17 View Post
    We were just in Flathorn yesterday....water is wayyy up. The slough going in is as high as I've ever seen it. We made it all the way down and never touched bottom. Slammed a lot of pike, they were very active especially on top water baits. FYI, I have a Sea Ark Predator w/200 hp optimax, and went through 25 gallons. Boat was loaded with 3 guys, and of course all the essentials.

Fish long, fish hard
    Didn't make it to Flathorn due to a pesky oil leak from the engine mounted oil reserve tank. Had to cancel two miles from the launch and return home.