Thread: Garmin Card Reader - Writer?

Default Garmin Card Reader - Writer?

Anyone on here have a Garmin card reader that they would loan me for a short time? I want to update the software for my Charplotter but its one of the old ones that uses Garmin Cards and not the SD cards. I have an old copy of the update software on a Garmin Card and just need to copy the new files to that card.

Thanks,

John
    2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

I just ordered my up date from Garmin, they send you the card for $50 and you get the money back when you return it with an assigned RMA#. 1-800-800-1020

That is my second option, just wanted to try and get it done faster than waiting for something in the mail. My garmin has the goofy wrong date problem right now, I know there is a fix but the new software should also fix it. Going to call soon if no one has a card reader laying around.

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

Well if the card will do two units mine is already in the mail since Wed, be more than happy to pop it in yours too. My unit is a 498, there is a list on line showing which units take the same update. The GPS store on old Seward could had something, didn't look into what a card readed was or cost!

I have one. PM sent.

Thanks akJeff, PM sent back.

alaskapiranha - I will look at the garmin site and see if your update and mine are the same... let you know, as that would be a quick way as well.