Thread: Great day out of Seward. 7-7-11

Default Great day out of Seward. 7-7-11

Booked a last minute charter our of The Fish House in Seward for a halibut/ling combo. Got on the Servant with my father in law. Trent and his deckhand did a super job for us.

We caught fish till our arms fell off and we were too tired. Both halibut and ling. Nothing huge but consistent action all the time. Biggest halibut for us was maybe 40 pounds. I have no idea how big the lings were since I don't have much experience.

For those awaiting the silvers, we ran into them everywhere. Super aggressive fish. Hitting 16oz lead head jigs and our halibut bait dangled near a 3 pound weight. They were all pretty small but would have been fun on lighter tackle.

Hmmm...not liking the picture links....

till I figure it out, short video and pic posted on my blog

Sounds like a blast and I am glad you had a great time. It is really hard to beat a place where you can catch lings, rockfish, butts, and silvers and kings with only a short boat ride. I hope you guys left a few for us

Thanks for the post. I'm trying to make up my mind between Seward and Whitter for a weekend of halibut fishing. Your post has got me leaning pretty hard for Seward. I would just have to find where you charter took you.

Quote Originally Posted by wingshooter12g View Post
    Thanks for the post. I'm trying to make up my mind between Seward and Whitter for a weekend of halibut fishing. Your post has got me leaning pretty hard for Seward. I would just have to find where you charter took you.
    We were on the southern end of LaTouche and Elrington Island. You might be able to tell from the video on my blog. I am clueless about that area.

Very nice! How long did it take to get to your initial fishing spot?

Default re

We fished out of Seward 7/5/11 down at Pony Cove and got skunked. The huge rollers made both kids sea sick... We did have a few whales around to make the trip worth while.

Between the Willapa Rivers, United States

kardinal-84,
    Man you're having too much fun.Get it while you can.I get off the slope the 11th--lets hook-up and get some fish.......