Thread: Kvichak this weekend

Default Kvichak this weekend

I will be going to Igiugig on sunday fishing for reds and hopefully some rainbows. I am wondering about some advice for targeting rainbows at the outlet of the lake. Any particular flies to concentrate on or techniques to use? Has anybody tried out there done this before? Any stories or advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

was out there last weekend. sockeye are in for sure. we had our best luck for rainbows just below the cleaning tables near the village. throw anything that looks like flesh or eggs and you would catch one. lots of grayling also.

the bugs are horrendous. bring bug nets for sure.

with the amount of reds i seen coming thru i am heading to the newhalen to escape the bugs. good luck

Hunter
    When are you headed over? Did yougo this past weekend or are you going over next weekend?

Drew
    Normal people believe that if something ain't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.

Scott Adams

Spent friday evening, saturday, and sunday on the Newhalen. Friday was the best as far as numbers. Saturday was the slowest I have ever seen it this time of year. Keep in mind that slow means way more fish than the best days on the Russian.

I will probably head out there a few more times this week but I doubt I make it this coming weekend.

Sometimes I truly hate working on the slope - I'm not off until Thursday. You need to put up a couple od photos.

Just my nickel
    Drew
    Normal people believe that if something ain't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.

Scott Adams