Thread: Trip to Alaska with my boy and my sister.

Default Trip to Alaska with my boy and my sister.

Well I drove up the Alcan Hwy and fished all the way up and part of the way back. Also rented a raft on Gulkana tried all the local set ups and low a behold got skunked, river was high and saw only three fish taken in a 10 hr period. So all I can say right now about Alaska interior rivers is they are no better and no worse than western Washington Rivers. as for the dreams of cathing a 30+ lb salmon I guess I should have went on down to the kenai. did some good in Yukon on Lk Kulane though!! Still have not caught a Grayling seems they like flies and not any of the spinners or even an egg below a bobber. well will have to wait until my next trip to the great north!! expectations where definatly not met.
    on another note did catch a 39 lb king out of the samish river down here!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by grizzly14sure View Post
    Well I drove up the Alcan Hwy and fished all the way up and part of the way back. Also rented a raft on Gulkana tried all the local set ups and low a behold got skunked, river was high and saw only three fish taken in a 10 hr period. So all I can say right now about Alaska interior rivers is they are no better and no worse than western Washington Rivers. as for the dreams of cathing a 30+ lb salmon I guess I should have went on down to the kenai. did some good in Yukon on Lk Kulane though!! Still have not caught a Grayling seems they like flies and not any of the spinners or even an egg below a bobber. well will have to wait until my next trip to the great north!! expectations where definatly not met.
    on another note did catch a 39 lb king out of the samish river down here!!!!!!
    Yes, there is much better fishing on the Kenai Peninsula than the interior rivers... also, many other great places in the Mat-su and plenty in the Southeast. Much better than WA if you go to the right places...

Kenai is your best bet
    -Its better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees.
    -Put some excitment between your legs, ride a polaris!
    -Local 907 Riders Union
    http://www.youtube.com/user/AKMackdaddy?feature=mhee