Thread: Kifaru Sawtooth Tent

Default Kifaru Sawtooth Tent

Have a November trip scheduled to go back to Kodiak this fall and after being there around the same time last year and freezing my buns off I decided to try the new Kifaru Sawtooth Tipi hybrid. Around 10lbs with liner and med stove. I look forward to giving it a try. I have a pile of tents, but none of this style with heat that light. Sure will be nice to enjoy Kodiak in the fall from a toasty tent. Will post a review after I receive it.

Pics from last year.

Did I mention it got cold???

Also changed out my stove to a Soto, after waiting forever for water to boil below freezing, of course jetboil just came out with a new regulator type with TI cup as well. DOH!!!

Steve
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

Quote Originally Posted by stid2677 View Post
    Have a November trip scheduled to go back to Kodiak this fall and after being there around the same time last year and freezing my buns off I decided to try the new Kifaru Sawtooth Tipi hybrid. Around 10lbs with liner and med stove. I look forward to giving it a try. I have a pile of tents, but none of this style with heat that light. Sure will be nice to enjoy Kodiak in the fall from a toasty tent. Will post a review after I receive it.

Pics from last year.

Did I mention it got cold???

Also changed out my stove to a Soto, after waiting forever for water to boil below freezing, of course jetboil just came out with a new regulator type with TI cup as well. DOH!!!

Steve
    Great Steve, now I won't have to freeze either since you are bringing a tent w/ a stove along!!! Those sawtooths are sweet looking for sure. Looking forward to this trip for sure.....oh yeah and I have heard rave reviews about the new jetboil. Guess it works just as well as the SOTO. Oh well....

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska_Lanche View Post
    Great Steve, now I won't have to freeze either since you are bringing a tent w/ a stove along!!! Those sawtooths are sweet looking for sure. Looking forward to this trip for sure.....oh yeah and I have heard rave reviews about the new jetboil. Guess it works just as well as the SOTO. Oh well....
    Luke, I think Jetboil saw your thread and just put your design into production,, maybe they owe you a design fee.

As far as the Sawtooth goes, got to keep my Buddy warm and well fed.

Not long now my friend.

Steve
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

Steve,

You'll like the Sawtooth....I've used the 4 Man and 12 Man Kifaru Tipis for several years and recently acquired a Sawtooth. This appears to be perfect for two hunters and a wood stove.

I used a fish house stove for several years.....it was made by that sheet metal shop on Noble Street and lasted many years....It is still at out hunting site.

The 12 Man Tipi is heated by a tatanium stove bought in MN.....sure is nice to have warm, dry gear