Thread: Beach Lake, anyone fished it recently?

Default Beach Lake, anyone fished it recently?

Was curious if anyone has put a line in Beach Lake off Birchwood Loop? Aslso, Edmunds Lake is located in Camp Grosuch, is it open to fishing? Thank you so much

Rather than start a new thread, I figured I would bring a relevant one to the top. How the heck do you catch stocked "catchable" Rainbows at lakes like Beach Lake?

I'd love to get my littles (2-7) onto some little trout, but we've gone 3-4 times and invested 1-2 hours each time with no luck in various parts around the lake. I've heard that meal worms or shrimp under a bobber are the ticket, but no luck so far. It seems like 90% of the people fishing are large families of our friends across the Pacific, so they must know a secret I don't. Or just really love to eat trout.

Help!!

Fished it yesterday for a couple hours during the heat of the day. It was very slow... We usually go about once a week or so, I live nearby.

Small spinners, or black marabou jigs usually work well. Although dry flies would have been the ticket yesterday, but my 3yo hasn't mastered the fly rod yet.

I'm sure worms and a bobby would work great as well.

We fish from a canoe. Not sure how the bank fishing is.

Haven't fished Edmonds recently, but the fish usually die out in the winter and they don't stock many fish in it.

We went paddle boarding out there a week or so ago and there were tons of trout surfacing on the west side of the lake across from the boat launch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I will never be a "Prostaffer" its not that I am not good enough
    but its because I refuse to pimp products for free.

Thanks gents! We have historically fished from the bank, but we'll have to dust off the canoe. It sounds like you weren't even using bait!

I fished Edmunds lake last week from the bank and caught a half dozen small rainbows. It would certainly be fun for kids.

Vanilla - we would love to hear what you were catching them with and how, if you're comfortable sharing! I haven't had a chance to go back out yet.

Bobber and bait. I followed the trail off to the right of the boat launch about 200m.