Thread: hunting recorder?

Default hunting recorder?

I need to buy a new camara or recorder for this fall ,something for back packing what do you use?

I use a Nikon S2... pretty nice point and shoot with video capability. Mine is 6 or 7 years old so I'm sure there's a lot of improvement in a comparable model. Its about the size of a deck of cards. I bought a spare battery pack and carry an extra memory card. Does everything I need for minimal weight and bulk.

I had a cannon powershot sd1300 is, it was just about perfect, took reallllllyyy clear pictures no matter what the conditions. the best part was it fit snug in shirt pockets so it didn't fall out, but it wasn't bulkey in the slightest. un fortunatly after falling through a swamp I came home and put my shirt on a chair and mom put it in hte wash, with the camera in it....

It was fairily cheap(100 bucks), and I got hundreds of wild life photos (including some flying shots of grouse)
    Eccleasties 8:11 Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, There for the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.

Quote Originally Posted by FurFishGame View Post
    I had a cannon powershot sd1300 is, it was just about perfect, took reallllllyyy clear pictures no matter what the conditions. the best part was it fit snug in shirt pockets so it didn't fall out, but it wasn't bulkey in the slightest. un fortunatly after falling through a swamp I came home and put my shirt on a chair and mom put it in hte wash, with the camera in it....

It was fairily cheap(100 bucks), and I got hundreds of wild life photos (including some flying shots of grouse)
    170 regular, I got it on clarence
    Eccleasties 8:11 Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, There for the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.

http://sanyo.com/xacti/english/produ...100/index.html

This is really the way to go now. Got myself one after a hunting partner showed me his and its fantastic. Check out the specs
    Semper Fi and God Bless

Trustworthy down in Soldotna had a pair of glasses similar to this http://www.gizmag.com/eyez-video-sunglasses/18808/ this spring. They had a display set up at the back/center counter. looked awesome! Didn't see a price tag though, and Momma always said if you have to ask you cant afford it.
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,
    Teach a man to fish and he'll also learn to drink, lie, and avoid the honey do list.

Thanks to all. I like the looks of that sonyo ,shopping now.

Anyone playing with the JVC HD camcorders?

Quote Originally Posted by Ak Bird Brain View Post
    Trustworthy down in Soldotna had a pair of glasses similar to this http://www.gizmag.com/eyez-video-sunglasses/18808/ this spring. They had a display set up at the back/center counter. looked awesome! Didn't see a price tag though, and Momma always said if you have to ask you cant afford it.
    I have seen these in the Cabelas catalog and thought they would make a nice little gizmo to have.

http://i-kamstore.com/

May pick up a pair come dividend time.
    Just a bitter Alaskan clinging to his guns and religion.....

I recently picked up a Kodak Playsport and it has been great so far. The video is 1080p HD and it takes 5mp stills. The only things I don't like are that it is rechargeable only (no way to replace batteries in the field) and the zoom is all digital (no optical) which makes it fairly grainy when zoomed all the way in. The battery thing hasn't proven to be an issue yet. I used it on a three day bear hunt taking several videos and stills and the battery was only down to 1/2 life at the end of the trip. It is also waterproof and can film under water. I captured a shot of a grayling this last weekend which turned out great. It is about the size of an Iphone and runs around $140. Not bad for what it is.
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....