Thread: Shared services, slope questions.

Default Shared services, slope questions.

I am newer to slope and had a few questions, if some is knowledgeable in this subject please PM and we email, talk or what ever is easiest to get a few answers.

I wanted to know if any body has held over longer than their hitch to hunt off the haul road?

I was thinking of driving up or meeting another family member in dead horse to hunt after a hitch for a few days and then catch the shared services flight back to town. I would just bring meat on the plane no antlers.

Any problems with logistics with doing something like this?

Any response if you are in the know would be greatly appreciated.

Chris

Typically, your employer makes your SSA reservations, usually someone in admin or scheduling. If you're authorized to make your own reservations then it's easy. You call Central Reservations 263-3500 and schedule the return leg around your hunt, otherwise you need to coordinate with your employer.
    If cave men had been trophy hunters the Wooly Mammoth would be alive today

I have heard of people doing it, but they used Alaska or NAC to ship the meat. One of our guys is chasing Bou right now. If he gets one I think it is going home via NAC because he isn't off hitch until the 14th.

Just my nickel
    Drew
    Normal people believe that if something ain't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.

Scott Adams

I did it a few years ago. I had all of my stuff packed and at the end of my hitch I had the wife ship it up on Alaska air. If you can get your travel planner to make your reservation around your hunt you should not have any problems. I would ship the meat back on Alaska Air. I did not have any problems taking by bow and backpack back to town on the Shared services flight. But you might have problems shipping a bow up on Shared Services.