Thread: Biking from Port Graham to Seldovia

Default Biking from Port Graham to Seldovia

Hi - I read somewhere that it's possible to bike from Port Graham to Seldovia...but the website in question said it takes 3 days to bike the 30 miles. Has anyone done this? I am wondering about a map for my adventure and why it would take so long. I would rather do this in a day.

I know it's possible to bike from Jakilof (sp?) Bay to Seldovia on a gravel logging road...is this the same road?

Quote Originally Posted by Carlito17 View Post
    Hi - I read somewhere that it's possible to bike from Port Graham to Seldovia...but the website in question said it takes 3 days to bike the 30 miles. Has anyone done this? I am wondering about a map for my adventure and why it would take so long. I would rather do this in a day.

I know it's possible to bike from Jakilof (sp?) Bay to Seldovia on a gravel logging road...is this the same road?
    What's the website you are referring to?

The road that connects Jakalof to Seldovia ends at Red Mountain witch used to be an old Chromium mine.
    There is another old road going the other way out of Seldovia but I haven't been very far past the gate to the Native lands that is locked. You can get a berry picking permit to access their lands during berry season but I would call the Seldovia natives association for land access.
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

Quote Originally Posted by anchskier View Post
    What's the website you are referring to?
    http://www.smokeybayair.com/remoteadventures.htm

I just bought a K-bay map and there's no trail or road on there. I'll have to ask someone when I get over there. Also, I called Smokey Bay Air and the woman said "sure, it might be possible." I didn't bother asking any more questions.

i've hiked/biked this entire trail a couple of times when i lived in Port Graham and fished near port dick. Did you do it? how did it go?