Thread: Where to buy Goop Coat-It for my drift boat

Default Where to buy Goop Coat-It for my drift boat

Hi there,

I'm looking to replace the slick undercoating on my Willie Boat. The original product is called Goop Coat-It, and it's a two-part epoxy coating with Kevlar...I'm sure you guys know what I'm talking about. Anybody know where to get it in Anchorage, Wasilla, or the surrounding area? I'm looking for the 8-lb kit if possible. THANKS!

Its a total shot in the dark, but maybe Plaschem in Anchroage has it or something similar. They are primarily a fiberglass shop but sell all sorts of epoxy and resins.
    2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

I use gluvit (Sp?) on my drift boat, works great. Marita has it.

The only product I was able to find last winter when I refinished the bottom of my boat was Gluvit in which doesn't have kevlar fibers in it.

CAC Plastics carries a variety of materials. They have Gluvit and are probably the most likely place to possibly find or order Coat It in the Valley. West Marine in Anchorage also has Gluvit.

Thanks, JR2, Don_h and AKBighorn...

I gave up looking for Goop Coat It locally, but I did find it on the web at Boatersworld.com. Interestingly, Boatersworld wanted to charge me a hazmat shipping fee of $28 on top of the $68 purchase price. So I went to Amazon.com and purchased the same product from Boatersworld, without the $28 hazmat fee. I've run into this scenario many times before, so when I find a good online product and I'm not happy with the Alaska shipping charges I always check Amazon.com. If you're willing to wait a little longer for a postal delivery, Amazon is usually the way to go!

Here's where I bought mine. It can be mailed and it was here in a week or so. Great customer service!

FISHERIES SUPPLY CO.
    1900 N NORTHLAKE WAY
    SEATTLE WA 98103
    206-632-4462