Thread: Bush Pilot Recomdation

Default Bush Pilot Recomdation

Looking to take a long weekend and hopefully combine some black bear hunting, fishing, and camping the middle of the this month. Would like to keep the costs down so looking for a decent fly in outfit for a trip out of the greater Anchorage area. I've looked at some maps, but not sure where folks are willing to land. Any info would be appeciated.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by chasing View Post
    Looking to take a long weekend and hopefully combine some black bear hunting, fishing, and camping the middle of the this month. Would like to keep the costs down so looking for a decent fly in outfit for a trip out of the greater Anchorage area. I've looked at some maps, but not sure where folks are willing to land. Any info would be appeciated.

Thanks!
    Go surfing at flyalaska.net/

In a particular area, the cost/hour for a particular aircraft size is fairly standard - there's not much of a price range between operators, or shopping/bargains to be had but you're welcome to try and report what you find out. Prices do vary somewhat between areas (more expensive way out yonder) - but within these areas - they are largely the same.

Nowadays, I understand the correct term is "pilot", not "bush pilot".