Thread: Caribou float hunt

Default Caribou float hunt

Hey guys,

I'm looking into doing a float hunt for Caribou in 2012. I live in North Pole so its probably easier for me to hunt the Northern herds. Anybody have any recommendations? I plan to go in AUG. Don't really care if i'm takin up river in a boat and float down or dropped in a plane. Just want to be away from others and find some nice bou.

Thanks Much

you won't be alone regardless of where you go up North these days. I'd scale your expectations to expect at least afew groups here and there, and then not worry too much about other hunters. Caribou aren't as affected by other groups as you might think.

That said, i'd consider hunting east of the Sag using a packraft to cross the river. Lots of animals along the road system in august, or you can hike upstream some of the tribs and escape the corridor for rifle hunting.

The atigun allows access to the upper sag, where lots of caribou hang out in august. some crowds to be expected, but hunting is usually worth it.

Larry is spot on you will have new freinds out and about just about any place you head North he also list an inexpensive option as well which more and more pople are doing some with pack rafts some with inflatable kayaks and seem to be doing well. Check you PM's sent you a littel something something to boot.

Good Luck with your planning I hope you have a great hunt.

Thanks Blue Moose,

I didn't recieve a PM though

Sent again let me know if it does not go through please.

:-)

I didn't come through. I tried to PM you but it says your inbox is full.

Quote Originally Posted by cavtrooper94 View Post
    I didn't come through. I tried to PM you but it says your inbox is full.
    If his box is full, he will be unable to send or receive PMs, until he deletes some.

Steve
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

Silly Moose! All better PM available I will resend again 100 percent my bad for not checking the status of the Moosage board.

Thanks Steve for the reminder.