Thread: New Flesh Fly ties

Default New Flesh Fly ties

Howdy all.. I know fall is way down the road, but I got bored and tied a few variations of Flesh Flies. Attached are my dingle flesh berry and articulated flesh fly. Hooks are 1/0 for reference. Look so good, I ate one before I was finished tying it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2497.jpg   IMG_2502.jpg  

Nice tie! 1/0 is a pretty big hook. i usually use a #4 Gamakatsu. This way there Kenai legal.

Quote Originally Posted by LItoAK View Post
    Nice tie! 1/0 is a pretty big hook. i usually use a #4 Gamakatsu. This way there Kenai legal.
    Thx LItoAK....I've only fished the Kenai once in my 20 years here, so yes..I'd def have to scale down a bit to meet that Kenai gap restriction. I've used these flies (in this size) on the Parks streams and have been successful on bows, chums and silvers with them. I'll have to tie some with the smaller hooks and see how they do. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by LItoAK View Post
    Thx LItoAK....I've only fished the Kenai once in my 20 years here, so yes..I'd def have to scale down a bit to meet that Kenai gap restriction. I've used these flies (in this size) on the Parks streams and have been successful on bows, chums and silvers with them. I'll have to tie some with the smaller hooks and see how they do. Thanks again.

Nice looking ties, i tie one similar to the second pic, as for hook i agree with lito always good to have a few different sizes just incase ou get a wild hair and decide to hit a stream thats restricted.
    -Tight Lines & head shakin

Those are sweet looking flies! Are you using some sort of rubber egg or bead? I would also be curious how you attach the articulated hooks? I plan on hitting the Upper Kenai this fall and am wondering what the regs are for articluated flies, hook size, etc? Thanks!

Default 3/8"

My curiosity was killing me so I took a look at the regs and it looks like 3/8" is the max gap depending upon where you are fishing.

Those are cool flesh flies. I have been tieing some Moal Flesh Flies with the same colors that have been doing well.