Thread: Klutina Kings

Default Klutina Kings

I figured I would start a new thread for this topic. For a 4th of July weekend there was not a lot of fisherman down there at Klutina. The Reds were extremely slow. I fished for kings Saturady evening. Started around 1830. I fished a new spot that I have not fished before. I managed three hook ups in about two hours time frame landing one twenty pound buck! Then I stopped fishing for the day. Man those fish fight hard! The fish was slightly blushed but the meat inside was awesome! I heard a mixed bag of stories about how many other kings where actually caught. For the most part I would say it was slow.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by AlcanRon View Post
    I figured I would start a new thread for this topic. For a 4th of July weekend there was not a lot of fisherman down there at Klutina. The Reds were extremely slow. I fished for kings Saturady evening. Started around 1830. I fished a new spot that I have not fished before. I managed three hook ups in about two hours time frame landing one twenty pound buck! Then I stopped fishing for the day. Man those fish fight hard! The fish was slightly blushed but the meat inside was awesome! I heard a mixed bag of stories about how many other kings where actually caught. For the most part I would say it was slow.
    The red fishing was definitely slow... I went there for a couple of hours coming back from Valdez and didnt see anyone hooking up... Looks like you did a little better though, nice King!

SWEET fish! Good job ron

Nice fish ron. What campground were you at?
    -Its better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees.
    -Put some excitment between your legs, ride a polaris!
    -Local 907 Riders Union
    http://www.youtube.com/user/AKMackdaddy?feature=mhee

I rented a cabin this last weekend form a guy on vacation rentals by owner. Pretty good website. I parked at Groves and walked down to the the confluence $5.00 to park. I am going to give it another try later in the month when the second run hits if the season is still open.

Nice fish! You prob don't remember me, but we met at Valdez (Alison Pt) last year during Silver season. Anyhoo..what were you using..corkies..or??

Quote Originally Posted by FishnMan View Post
    Nice fish! You prob don't remember me, but we met at Valdez (Alison Pt) last year during Silver season. Anyhoo..what were you using..corkies..or??
    I remember seeing you at Valdez. No secret I was using a 7/0 double hook set up with one large orange corky and roe. Good luck if you go after them!