Thread: Arctic-North-Guides

Default Arctic-North-Guides

Hi all,

I'm thinking of doing a combo Grizzly/ Moose hunt with Phil Byrd of Arctic-North-Guides ( Does anyone here have experience with this guide service? Please be fully honest and let me know what you think. Please PM me if there is anything "I need to know about the guide" before I commit, because I have gotten screwed way too many times to count on previous hunting trips. Thanks and I really appreciate the responses.

Another thing to add is that the hunt will be in GMU 16 or 19.

Any info at all?

Eastern Oregon

I don't know the guide, but those two GMU's aren't a good choice for moose. Plenty of bears though. I have two friends who have guided in 19 for more than 20 years. Neither one has guided moose hunts for at least the last five.
    If I were you I would make sure to get references from the last couple of years.
    Art is making something out of nothing and selling it.
    - Frank Zappa

Big Lake

i'll second what alasken said..there are moose in those areas, but nothing like there used to be. when you talk with references ask how many guys were in camp when they were there and how many of them tagged out and how the overall vibe was with the clients and their impressions of their hunt. Sometimes a filled tag helps guys overlook a what would have been a horrible trip.
    Master guide 212