Thread: Wallas Diesel stove/heater... fuel

Default Wallas Diesel stove/heater... fuel

I have a wallas diesel stove with the blower lid for heating the cabin. Is the diesel you get from the pump (low sulfur crap) okay to run in it or do I need to search around and find some good old #1 to run it it? I know the new fuel is hard on older diesel trucks and dropped the mileage in both my newer diesel trucks so I was thinking it might not be the best fuel for the stove.
    2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

Fisher fuel sells home heating fuel at the pump. Crowley probably sells it as well. Fisher you have to buy it monday thru friday because to many folks it in their 2007 and newer trucks cause it's cheaper.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW-----what a ride!
    Unknown author

Regular ultra low sulfer diesel burns much faster than homeheating fuel.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW-----what a ride!
    Unknown author

I use strictly Kleen-Heat. It is sold by the gallon (about $10) at Home Depot and Freddy's. Usually next to the kerosene. I don't burn that much fuel, so I'm sticking with something easy on the stove. No problems since '04. The only time I ever smell it is on start-up and shut-down.
    Kingfisher 2525. 225, 20, and 2hp Hondas.

I inquired with Scan Marine about this and they said the stoves do not need sulfur for anything. If it is rated for diesel, then it is fine to use it. In fact, they advise you do.

I was wondering about the Kleen Heat for my single burner Wallas Cook Top/ Heater Lid. I think it burns cleaner, I installed mine 5 years ago and other than the fuel flow meter is the best thing I've even done to her. Love it! Low Sufler Diesel only has less lube in it so burning it would make no difference either one.

I have been running heating oil in mine for about 3 years now and have not had a problem. I have never seen smoke or any other fume while using it. I smoke with the manufacturer a year back about this and they told me about the same thing on diesel or heating oil. It will run find on all of it just some will burn a bit dirtier than other.

Sweepint
    Wasilla, (when not overseas)
    '' Livn' The Dream ''
    26' Hewescraft Cuddy, twin 115 Yam

I was told by scan marine to run kerosene through my wallas stove, oven, and espar. Guess it depends who you get on the phone, eh? I also treat it with a bit of sea foam a couple of times a season. So far I have not had any issues due to fuel. The wallas products are very sensitive to voltage, so keep your batteries topped off.
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

When I bought my seasport from the factory, the dealer said run paint thinner in it. That's all I did for 5 years. Sounds funny, but it works great.
    In 1492 Native Americans discovered Columbus lost at sea

If I come across as an arrogant, know-it-all jerk, it's because I am

Obviously there is much confusion here, Scan Marine told me to use Diesel out from the pump with my model of Wallas, some models are made to run on Kerosene but most are made to run on the same fuel used by the vessels main engine...diesel. Have 4 years on my Wallas with like 3k hours on the unit, have used nothing but Diesel from the pump. Summer you get #2, winter you get #1, it all works.
    If itís good enough for my $10k truck engine itís good enough for the heater in my boat.
    Jay
    07 C-Dory 25 Cruiser
    OurPlayground.

I think Pete is right, it depends on who you get on the phone.....After some intense discussion on a different forum I decided to call Scan Marine and questioned what I should be using as I was using Kleen Heat and or kerosene and they said run the fuel right of the pump. They also said if it is one that can use diesel it really doesn't matter. That was forever ago.....