Thread: brown bear baiting

Default brown bear baiting

anything special these guys like. i had them on my black bear site but wondering if there is anything special these guys like.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin4590 View Post
    anything special these guys like. i had them on my black bear site but wondering if there is anything special these guys like.
    Protein... lots and lots of protein

STINK.... LOTS AND LOTS OF WRETCHED STINK (fish guts work great when baking in the sun for 3-5 days in a bucket)

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons."

I would use lots of stinky fish and meat and cooking grease. As far as unit 16 goes I've been looking over the regs and can anyone tell me is the brown bear preditor control/baiting only in 16b? And if so that means very little access without a boat or plain right?

All u need to know is in the supplamental trapping regs... Brown bear predator control areas are south bank of the beluga river to the north bank of the MacArthur river... So in short by a boat or plane... If you go by boat get life insurance and put me as the primary thanks... Send pm for my full name lol...

It really doesn't matter, if they are around they'll come for a visit. Meat would certainly help. I had a few find my stand late this season.

Keep it baited. They'll eat every bit they can....
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post
    All u need to know is in the supplamental trapping regs... Brown bear predator control areas are south bank of the beluga river to the north bank of the MacArthur river... So in short by a boat or plane... If you go by boat get life insurance and put me as the primary thanks... Send pm for my full name lol...
    I'm not sure the reasoning for this as we have already made the trip several times this year by boat without issue. i'd assume your talking about crossing the bay and if so we cross this bay several times a week waterfowl hunting in the fall. 18' zodiac and not being in a hurry is the ticket

I sent you a PM... If you are running 25-30 miles across the inlet in a 18 foot zodiac you have steel balls for sure.