Thread: Drifting UP

Default Drifting UP

It seems the longer I shoot my bow the higher the shot groups gets. New Bear bow, sighted in at Cabelas, I keep bringing the pin ring up to adjust but often think my loop is moving or perhaps the rear peep. Any suggestion to this new to compound bow shooter? I can hold good groups or what I call good 4" at 30 yards and better at 20 but I think something is off due to the constant upward shoot group. I can dial it in for about 15 shots then gradually goes up and up, soon 4-6" high at 25 yards.

Thanks

Default I'm having the same problem

I think something is wrong with my bow. I'm going to take it in to screaming eagle and have them look it over and have it sent to bowtech because my cable slide is messed up

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

Quote Originally Posted by AKFishOn View Post
    It seems the longer I shoot my bow the higher the shot groups gets. New Bear bow, sighted in at Cabelas, I keep bringing the pin ring up to adjust but often think my loop is moving or perhaps the rear peep. Any suggestion to this new to compound bow shooter? I can hold good groups or what I call good 4" at 30 yards and better at 20 but I think something is off due to the constant upward shoot group. I can dial it in for about 15 shots then gradually goes up and up, soon 4-6" high at 25 yards.

Thanks
    First thing I would look at is your peep (it may be creeping up). Measure the distance from the axel in your top cam to the top of your peep. Start shooting, and once you notice that your groups are hitting higher, re-measure.

Repeat this process for your D loop.

Quote Originally Posted by AKFishOn View Post

Thanks
    The next time you shoot, does it start out at the old elevation or is it starting out at the higher point that it drifted up to the previous time?

Check your rest as well to be sure the adjustment screws aren't loose. Another thing it may be is your anchor point. It dont take much to throw your POI off if you don't have a consistent anchor.

It doesn't start back at the lower point. It will keep getting higher the longer I shoot.