Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: To early to start bead fishing?

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Wasilla
    Posts
    489

    Default To early to start bead fishing?

    Seems like im always a few weeks to late to start bead fishing in the quartz and russian. Just wondering when you all start heading down that way?

  2. #2

    Default

    The Russian Is closed to bead fishing until Aug 20th I believe. Just keep an eye out on the sockeye. When they go into quartz, the trout and dollies will follow. I usually don't go down until Aug. In the Kenai, it is never to early for beads. There are eggs in the water all year round.

  3. #3
    Member alaskachuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Anchorage, Alaska, United States
    Posts
    3,256

    Default

    I have caught some bows on trout on the kenai this year. No so much on the bridge to sportsmans but sportsmans down beads have worked pretty well this year
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

  4. #4

    Default

    Don't neglect Ptarmigan Creek and Trail River either...Beads are the medicine for all dolly and rainbow fishing.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  5. #5
    Member ak_sierra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Anchorage, Alaska, United States
    Posts
    119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alaskachuck View Post
    I have caught some bows on trout on the kenai this year. No so much on the bridge to sportsmans but sportsmans down beads have worked pretty well this year
    Chuck, you caught bows on trout? Have another crown and coke!

  6. #6
    Member alaskachuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Anchorage, Alaska, United States
    Posts
    3,256

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ak_sierra View Post
    Chuck, you caught bows on trout? Have another crown and coke!
    ****. I was sober having coffee about 6am when I typed that
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Chandler, Arizona
    Posts
    632

    Default

    What, no Bailey's?

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ak_sierra View Post
    Chuck, you caught bows on trout? Have another crown and coke!
    Give him a break, he's enrolled in ESL at the KPC.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Knik, Alaska (Valley Trash West)
    Posts
    95

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alaskachuck View Post
    ****. I was sober having coffee about 6am when I typed that
    Granted, I only know Chuck by reputation from the board here, but I think maybe the sober part is what tripped him up?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •