Thread: I am going to kenai river and wanna catch kings off the bank, Best place to go?

Default I am going to kenai river and wanna catch kings off the bank, Best place to go?

and advice? Thanks everyone who replys
    I am gonna be camping downthere for a week or so.

Best place would be no where since its catch and release only down there right now. Should probably just pack the gear up and leave the kings in the Kenai alone.
    Makin fur fins and feathers fly.

well you can keep them if you are 300 yds below slikok creek..........but if you don't have a boat good luck because most of the land down there is private property.

Cunningham Park off Beaver Loop is about the only public bank access that's out of the catch & release area and that would give you any room to chase down a fish. That area is also tidal influenced and fairly muddy.

You'd be better off driving south to the Kasilof R and giving it a whirl there.

I'll second the Kasilof idea the kenai is not really the best place to catch kings from the bank. Not saying it cant be done but the fishing from a boat is tough enough right now it is really slow. You will have a lot better luck at the Kasilof.

Kasilof probably is a better spot. Next time I go Im gonna try a side planer instead of sinking it that way I can cover more ground and try to find the hole I saw all the boats pulling the fish out of.
    Makin fur fins and feathers fly.