Thread: When does bear baiting close in unit #7

Default When does bear baiting close in unit #7

Just curious when it closes in unit #7

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

According to the regs, 30 June

Thanks, that is not what I was wanting to hear, but it is what I kind of thought.

Maybe a little later,if you did not constantly complain. Sorry you cannot have it both ways. Although I appreciate some of your comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbitten View Post
    According to the regs, 30 June
    Time for the Alaska Bear Baiter Association (ABBA) to get busy.

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaJoe View Post
    Maybe a little later,if you did not constantly complain. Sorry you cannot have it both ways. Although I appreciate some of your comments.
    Sorry, But I do not bait bears. However seen a guy sitting on a station today, but I don't care. I was just curious when it closes.

not sure what area's fall under the Pred control permit area but I know I have my permit for baiting through 15 oct

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons."

[QUOTE=AGL4now;968304]Sorry, But I do not bait bears. However seen a guy sitting on a station today, but I don't care. I was just curious when it closes.[/QUOTE

O'well I am sure it is just an oversight. He was hunting the station Sat. July 2'nd, in his stand. Well the good news is he is gone, but the station, both barrels, and even his portable tree stand and all the trash are still there, today Monday July Th. Yes I know no one cares, and I am an annoying so & so. Of course he is poaching your bears.

Where is his portable tree stand.? Is it a good one.? I will come harvest it. What shape is the barrel in? I will take it too!!

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaJoe View Post
    Where is his portable tree stand.? Is it a good one.? I will come harvest it. What shape is the barrel in? I will take it too!!
    If you are serious, and you will promise to also remove the two barrels, and other plastic trash, and cans. I'll tell you exactly where. I am tired of this crap, the whole national forest is full of barrels and no one cares. Note: the barrels are in very good condition, they were new this year. The owner can not say he was sick and could not remove the site, as he was sitting in the tree stand Sat. two days after the close of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post

O'well I am sure it is just an oversight. He was hunting the station Sat. July 2'nd, in his stand. Well the good news is he is gone, but the station, both barrels, and even his portable tree stand and all the trash are still there, today Monday July Th. Yes I know no one cares, and I am an annoying so & so. Of course he is poaching your bears.
    Did you call the Troopers or the Forest Service?

Only way a poacher will be caught is if someone reports him.
    Just a bitter Alaskan clinging to his guns and religion.....

[QUOTE=AGL4now;969288]
    Sorry, But I do not bait bears. However seen a guy sitting on a station today, but I don't care. I was just curious when it closes.[/QUOTE

I care, call the Troopers!!!

That is what I would do, would also look for a bait station permit with his name to give them a head start.

POACHERS, are NOT hunters or sportsman.

Steve
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

Quote Originally Posted by bilder View Post
    Did you call the Troopers or the Forest Service?

Only way a poacher will be caught is if someone reports him.
    Yep, Called the Forest Service. And tried to call the AST but that was a royal goat rope.

Yep, Called the Forest Service. And tried to call the AST but that was a royal goat rope.
    I have some time off in a couple of weeks. If there are still barrels out there I would be willing to get rid of them for you.
    Just a bitter Alaskan clinging to his guns and religion.....