Thread: 4 wheeler trail into chitna

Default 4 wheeler trail into chitna

Has anyone been on the 4 wheeler road/trail into chitna from the parking lot yet this year. If so what kind of shape is it in?

Are you talking about the trail from O’Brien creek to Haley creek? If so, the trail is in good condition. But as always be careful in the slide areas as it's a very steep drop to the river, I guess 1 wheeler has gone over the edge this year, don't know why but it did. We took the trail a couple weeks ago and it was fine.

Just GO SLOW.
    The true Soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.

HOOAH

I know the slide area is narrow but can a guy get a Rhino past there?

Quote Originally Posted by AkHunter45 View Post
    Not sure, I have never seen a side by side on the trail or parked anywhere along the trail. I know for a fact in a couple spots that are very narrow I find myself leaning hard to the hillside on my 4 wheeler.

So bottom line, I would say no, but I’m no side by side expert.
    The true Soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.

HOOAH

REMF, if your talking about the wheeler that went over the edge the second weekend of june it was two females on it and they had never driven the trail before. We were down there that weekend and helped pull it back up the hill. Nothing happened to the women (other then changing there undies). The wheeler wasn't to bad, they rode it to camp. As for side by sides doing the trail?! I wouldn't do it but we saw two or three past the tunnel. So I guess it can be done but like REMF said "GO SLOW".

Quote Originally Posted by AkHunter45 View Post
    I made it all the way through the canyon with a rhino last summer with no problem. It shouldn't be much different this year.