Thread: What trailer size do I need??

Default What trailer size do I need??

Though it is an inflatable and able to roll up and pump up and what not I am finding more and more I would like the option of just hooking up to a trailer with my 14' jet ranger on it already inflated with the motor on it and pull it to where I want to go for a road accessible put in.

Anyways, I am starting to look craigslist for a good boat trailer for it. I would like the motor to be supported as well if possible so the transom doesn't take an unnecessary beating going down the road. So how long of a trailer should I be looking for. Is there any type of measurement I can measure when I go to look at a trailer to confirm it will work for my boat?? Forgive my total and utter ignorance on this.

Here are the specs for my boat if that helps(I have the 430AJR model):
    http://www.alaskaseries.com/alaskan_jet%20ranger.htm

Thanks for any input guys

A trailer that will fit up to a 16' boat with bunks, having the trailer a little long will allow the boat to be put a little forward and get the bunks under the transom for support.

A flatbed trailer would probably work just fine if you deflated your keel...but I imagine their bearings aren't designed for water immersion.

I would email the question to Jim king, there may be something he could add to make sure you will not have any problems.

I am not sure how you can secure the outboard, but the main thing on the inflatable trailer, is the bunk spacing. Just measure the distance between centers of tubes. They are usually spaced wider for inflatables. My trailer is just like the one in the link:
    http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=344128&page=1
    except it was from a larger zodiac, so I had to bring the bunks in closer together.
    It is definitly better to trailer an inflatable than to set it up every time, plus you put all of your gear in the boat at home, and it's a five minute launch, instead of an hour.
    Good Luck