Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 33

Thread: Pinks in Hope?

  1. #1
    Member TMCKEE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Palmer, AK
    Posts
    236

    Default Pinks in Hope?

    Can someone please tell me whether or not there are pinks - at all - in Hope on odd numbered years? Is the run timing the same?

    I took my daughter there last year around this time and would love to take her again.

  2. #2
    Member alaskachuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Anchorage, Alaska, United States
    Posts
    3,256

    Default

    Pinks hit hope every year. It might be a bit early yet but do set some time aside to take your daughter there again. It is a great place to introduce kids to fishing. Kudos to you
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    AK
    Posts
    4,034

    Default

    I've got family coming into town this weekend and was wondering about timing too. Seems from the searches i've done on here they don't show until mid July, can anyone confirm that?

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by limon32 View Post
    I've got family coming into town this weekend and was wondering about timing too. Seems from the searches i've done on here they don't show until mid July, can anyone confirm that?
    That is affirmative.

  5. #5

    Default

    just there and they are not in

  6. #6
    Member TMCKEE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Palmer, AK
    Posts
    236

    Default

    Thanks everyone, I'll have to take her down in a couple of weeks.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TMCKEE View Post
    Thanks everyone, I'll have to take her down in a couple of weeks.
    The weekend of July 23'rd would be a good guess. Suggest you call the store/motel for updates and current information: Ak Dacha @782-3223.

  8. #8
    Member GWHunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Westin, MO
    Posts
    30

    Default

    Is the run thick as normal years (even years)?

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Anchorage, AK
    Posts
    505

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GWHunter View Post
    Is the run thick as normal years (even years)?
    Personally I have never really noticed a difference between even and odd years. They are there and it is pretty easy to get a limit no matter what.
    Just a bitter Alaskan clinging to his guns and religion.....

  10. #10
    Guest
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bilder View Post
    Personally I have never really noticed a difference between even and odd years. They are there and it is pretty easy to get a limit no matter what.
    Agreed, they always run thick with an easy chance of getting your limit.

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    230

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    The weekend of July 23'rd would be a good guess. Suggest you call the store/motel for updates and current information: Ak Dacha @782-3223.
    I think you're right on target there. We stopped by this weekend and there wasn't a fish to be seen in the creek on the incoming tide. The two locals I talked to both said, "Two weeks and they'll be there." That jibes with my experience in past years, because we always like to stop at Hope and get a few pinks on the way home from dipnetting each year to get fish to can along with the scraps from the reds.

  12. #12

    Default

    Is mid August too late to catch a few? Not looking to keep any, just want to show a rookie salmon fisherman a good time.

  13. #13
    Member Raptor_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Eagle River, AK
    Posts
    1,265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fishfood View Post
    Is mid August too late to catch a few? Not looking to keep any, just want to show a rookie salmon fisherman a good time.
    That is usually the tail end of the run down in that area but there should still be some.
    Alaska: We're all here cuz we're not all "there"

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Wasilla, Alaska, United States
    Posts
    264

    Default

    will there be any fish this weekend??

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Anchorage, AK
    Posts
    505

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grouse View Post
    will there be any fish this weekend??
    Doubtful, but if the weather is as nice as it is now you will at least get a great day trip out of it.

    Last week of July to first week of August are the best times.
    Just a bitter Alaskan clinging to his guns and religion.....

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Goose Creek
    Posts
    26

    Default

    How about next weekend? Any amounts of pinks maybe?

  17. #17
    Member Lake creek fishermen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Skwentna, AK
    Posts
    854

    Default

    Maybe a few by next weekend. I might hit up hope just cuz the good weather today!
    -Its better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees.
    -Put some excitment between your legs, ride a polaris!
    -Local 907 Riders Union
    http://www.youtube.com/user/AKMackdaddy?feature=mhee

  18. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Goose Creek
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Whens the bird creek opener? Would it be worth trying then?

  19. #19
    Member LungShot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Juneau
    Posts
    467

    Default

    So anyone think next week would have a good numbers of pinks in? I have little kids and want to time it so there is plenty of fish to catch. Would like to stay over night. I havent been there in a years. I cant remember, Is there a campground?

  20. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Anchorage, AK
    Posts
    505

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LungShot View Post
    So anyone think next week would have a good numbers of pinks in? I have little kids and want to time it so there is plenty of fish to catch. Would like to stay over night. I havent been there in a years. I cant remember, Is there a campground?
    Should be picking up next week. I will probably stop by on the way back from dipping to catch a couple. The kids love fishing there and no matter what others may say, a fresh pink is pretty good eats.
    Just a bitter Alaskan clinging to his guns and religion.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •