Thread: A little humor.......

Default A little humor.......

I found out that not only is Paxson a bird dog, but apparently he is now a beer dog! He unexpectedly brought me a beverage the other day, what a great dog!

DSCN2087.jpg

Dang, as soon as I was thinking that alpine was making progress someone had to come along and raise the bar a little higher...

Quote Originally Posted by Hoyt View Post
    I found out that not only is Paxson a bird dog, but apparently he is now a beer dog! He unexpectedly brought me a beverage the other day, what a great dog!

DSCN2087.jpg
    Was it a purely selfless act, or did he ask you to share it with him?
    .... Now if you can teach him to distinguish between cheap beer and GOOD beer, you'll really have something!
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Quote Originally Posted by iofthetaiga View Post
    Was it a purely selfless act, or did he ask you to share it with him?
    .... Now if you can teach him to distinguish between cheap beer and GOOD beer, you'll really have something!
    LOL I love Kokanee! It was warm out, I'm sure there was more to this in his mind!

What a goofball! Very funny, yet entirely reasonable, but there must be some group out there that upon seeing this photo will attempt to have you incarcerated. Dog does look embarrassed though. I suspect it has to do with his having to carry a cheap beer. Try him again with a beer to match his own pedigree, not yours.

But was the can empty or full? Bet that once he taste the contents you will only be getting 'empty' cans.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McCann View Post
    ....there must be some group out there that upon seeing this photo will attempt to have you incarcerated.
    Now, why would anybody propose the guy should be incarcerated just because he likes cheap beer?
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    #Resist

Iofthe taiga,Liberals! No tellin' what they're brewin'up. :-)

Liberals!
    Hmmm. Most folks on here would likely label me as one of those... including me.
    #Resist

What a goofball! Very funny, yet entirely reasonable, but there must be some group out there that upon seeing this photo will attempt to have you incarcerated. Dog does look embarrassed though. I suspect it has to do with his having to carry a cheap beer. Try him again with a beer to match his own pedigree, not yours.
    LOL....He knows what I like!!!!! Hey why would they attempt to incarcerate me? I'm clearly letting him make free and clear choices!

Hoyt,

He's just a kid, for cryin' out loud! He's developing patterns that will last forever. Cheap beer now; cheap beer forever! But then again; dogs are very place oriented, so if the dog begins visiting more upscale establishments there is hope...for the dog!

Jim, bored. I want the rain to stop and the river to clear up so I can go out and wet some dry flies.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoyt View Post
    LOL....He knows what I like!!!!! Hey why would they attempt to incarcerate me? I'm clearly letting him make free and clear choices!

Hoyt,

He's just a kid, for cryin' out loud! He's developing patterns that will last forever. Cheap beer now; cheap beer forever! But then again; dogs are very place oriented, so if the dog begins visiting more upscale establishments there is hope...for the dog!

Jim, bored. I want the rain to stop and the river to clear up so I can go out and wet some dry flies.
    LOL!!!! rain isn't letting up here either Jim, don't feel too bad! happy fourth to you and yours

nice pic hoyt, retreivers are a do all sort, aren't they?
    "When the time comes for a man to look his Maker in the eye, where better could the meeting be held than in the wilderness?"

Hoyt,

We were at my buddies cabin on the Chena this weekend. It's a mess, and very very high. Whole trees, root systems and all, were floating down river. If this rain keeps up, they'll need to shut down the flood gates! I did manage one grayling that was feeding off the surface, in an area that is normally land!!!!!

I just LOVE goofball dogs! They are the BEST! Yours is a beauty!!! Glad you got to enjoy a cold one together.

I have a friend who trained his dog to find money!!! He played with bills with her as a pup. I was with her over the winter when she came up with two dollar bills from the snow. Crazy but true.

FF
    "The Nation which forgets its defenders will itself be forgotten.
    In memory of our troops...defenders of our freedom."

Quote Originally Posted by Fishin Farmgirl View Post

I just LOVE goofball dogs! They are the BEST! Yours is a beauty!!! Glad you got to enjoy a cold one together.

I have a friend who trained his dog to find money!!! He played with bills with her as a pup. I was with her over the winter when she came up with two dollar bills from the snow. Crazy but true.

FF
    Thats cool. Dogs are amazing. A money finding dog....I never thought of that! Thanks for the kind words about my furry friend!

Jim, if you are going to get them wet, why make them dry in the first place?

My dog brought me a northern shoveler egg a couple years ago, safely returned to the nest by the way. Same day that she "retrieved" a whitetail shed but I don't remember releasing it.

Hoyt, if you ever stop drinking Kokanee I would be happy to assist you with his ongoing training and he can bring them to me instead.
    Go Big Red!

Quote Originally Posted by PG13 View Post
    Jim, if you are going to get them wet, why make them dry in the first place?

My dog brought me a northern shoveler egg a couple years ago, safely returned to the nest by the way. Same day that she "retrieved" a whitetail shed but I don't remember releasing it.

Hoyt, if you ever stop drinking Kokanee I would be happy to assist you with his ongoing training and he can bring them to me instead.
    Thanks for the offer, but I'm a pretty loyal Kokanee fan. I've been draining it down my gullet for years now, and I don't foresee a change!

That is a well trained dog! Now if you can just teach Pax to point it when others have it stashed in coolers and such!

Funny stuff

I believe Kokanee refers to an old, old wooden ship. Scholars say it's been lost in translation though so I could be wrong.
    Go Big Red!

Quote Originally Posted by PG13 View Post
    I believe Kokanee refers to an old, old wooden ship. Scholars say it's been lost in translation though so I could be wrong.
    It just means beer to me!!!!