Thread: Thirsty... the boat

Default Thirsty... the boat

Anyone here know anything about a big boat I saw in Seward named Thirsty? It looked like a Glacier Craft, was probably 30-32 ft long and had three huge outboards on the back. The stickers on the outboards said 450... but I don't think those exist. All I know is on the run back into Seward I was running 30 mph and it pulled up next to me... paced me for a few minutes and then was gone. 10 minutes later it was a speck in the distance. I figure it was running 50 plus mph.
    2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

Responsible Conservation > Political Allocation

I can't remember his name but he knows my wife thru her work. I believe it is a Glacier Craft with triple 250's with 450 stickers. He bought it that way used. He's a heck of a nice guy when you get to meet him.

If I were going to upgrade and burn more fuel, I think I would go the route of the Viking 74 I saw at the fuel docks in Whittier. Its name is Stryder, and it is home ported in Seward. The captain said it cruised at 27kts at 125gph. That's some spendy fillets!
    2009 Seawolf 31'
    www.seawolfmarine.com
    Fully Loaded

I think that is the boat that is owned by the kids of the owner of Shoreside Petroleum... He gave it to them.
    2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

J rogers I spoke with those guys back around June 7th @ Elfin cove. They took on 300 gallons of diesel and had only gone from Juneau to Elfin. Of specail note it passed me west of the Icy straights doing 25 knots and with the sea state i was only able to go about 16knots. I had no idea it was that big until I meet them at the fuel dock!

Quote Originally Posted by JR2 View Post
    I think that is the boat that is owned by the kids of the owner of Shoreside Petroleum... He gave it to them.
    The boat you are speaking of is the 49er and I think that boat sold or is up for sale.
    Boatless

Quote Originally Posted by jrogers View Post
    If I were going to upgrade and burn more fuel, I think I would go the route of the Viking 74 I saw at the fuel docks in Whittier. Its name is Stryder, and it is home ported in Seward. The captain said it cruised at 27kts at 125gph. That's some spendy fillets!
    I wouldn't even want that boat. Seriously. I'd have to save all year just to afford the gas for one long weekend of cruising....lol.

I took a look at that boat in Seward. Very nice indeed. Half the main wall is a giant plasma TV.