Thread: commercial boat in kasilof

Default commercial boat in kasilof

What days and time do commies go out in the water in Kasilof? and Kenai?

Thanks in advance.

They are not "commies", they are commercial fishermen, thank you.

The days/times vary. You have to check EO's to know what's going on. For instance, they fished Kasilof last night from 5pm to Midnight and go again in the morning from 5am to 7am. According to the EO, the numbers coming into the Kaslof are far exceeding escapement rate, so they are giving the commericial fishermen more openers right now.

You need to go to this site and pull up the latest EO's for your area of interest. http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/index.cfm?adfg=cfnews.main
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

Default politeness

Quote Originally Posted by JOAT View Post
    They are not "commies", they are commercial fishermen, thank you.
    I was goin' to say that, but it came out less than politically correct than your rendition, so I at once quit my response to this thread before I posted it. Well said, JOAT.

I have a serious pet peeve about people trying to drive a wedge between neighbors who are all sharing in the same resource pool. The simple fact is that there are plenty of fish to share between all of the commercial, sport, personal-use, and even the guides while leaving more than enough for mother nature to perpetuate the process.

People who falsely blame their poor fishing ability on commerical fishing really tick me off. Guides who shift the blame of their clients' lack of catch by stating (loudly) that "the nets are in the water today" (while they are fishing 15 or 20 miles from the ocean) tick me off more than anyone else.
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

Default good job

I have a serious pet peeve...
    Me too, which is why I quit out of my response before I said it, and welcomed yours. You are more literate than I. Good job.

Default Take 'em on the road.

You need to go to this site and pull up the latest EO's for your area of interest. http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/index.cfm?adfg=cfnews.main
    ...and subscribe for email updates...

~tr

There, I typed a three paragraph rant, only to delete it. I won't fan the flames. F&G should leave the weekends alone, that is all I will say!

AK Chappy

See, I could care less about weekends. I wish they would leave Wednesdays & Thursdays alone as those are my favorite days to fish!

Perspective.
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

See, I could care less about weekends. I wish they would leave Wednesdays & Thursdays alone as those are my favorite days to fish!

Perspective.
    No JOAT, gotta disagree. Tuesdays and Wednesdays, because most of the crowds have gone back home for a few days. Whew! Then the early birds start filtering in again on Thursday.

I'd do Tuesdays, but that's "change out" day, so I'm only around for a quarter of them. I get to keep half of my Wednesdays and Thursdays.
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!