Thread: Bethel Grocery ?

Default Bethel Grocery ?

Planning on doing some grocery shopping in Bethel before heading out on a float trip and curious about how much more stuff is going to cost. Can anyone give me an idea? For example, how much can I expect to pay for the 1lb propane canisters, steaks, eggs, chicken, potatoes?

Thanks much in advance

Quote Originally Posted by twozero View Post
    Planning on doing some grocery shopping in Bethel before heading out on a float trip and curious about how much more stuff is going to cost. Can anyone give me an idea? For example, how much can I expect to pay for the 1lb propane canisters, steaks, eggs, chicken, potatoes?

Thanks much in advance
    I was over in Bethel last Sept and picked up a few odds and ends before and after a hunt. I don't know what expensive is to you but I would label it extremely costly. Give you an idea 4 cheeseburgers, fries and 4 cans of pop came out to $60.00ish. I brought back a few flyer from the places just to show folks. I would count on a 20% increase as a min.
    "A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." T. R.

I was there in December a case of water was like 30bucks if I remember and a propane torch I think was 60? With the yellow bottle. It's going to probablly be cheaper to fly with as much as you can.

if you are able to i'd suggest picking up meat in anc. vac pack and freeze. light stuff like bread/rolls ,noodles etc . purchase
    in anc . given the weight restrictions etc w/airlines suggest just picking up stuff like spuds , eggs etc in bethel. you can pm if you like

Great info and advice. I really appreciate it. We've got a good layover in Anchorage so it sounds like grabbing a taxi and heading to the grocery store there is a good idea.

Thanks again!

You can catch the city bus (people mover) right at the airport ($5 day pass) and be at the diamomd center Walmart in minutes. I rode all over town shopping before flying out last Monday and it was worked out great. At the end of the day I rode back downtown, picked up my bags and jumped back on a bus right to the Alaska Air terminal. Wished I had try the people mover before, most of the drivers were super helpful with telling me which routes to take to the different sporting goods stores.