Thread: building semi perm blinds

Default building semi perm blinds

Not trying to stir the pot here but what kinda regs are in place for construction of blinds? Nothing perm and something that could be taken down the end of the year. Obviously it would become first come first serve. any thoughts? A few of you guys know me and hunt where i hunt and if this is a bad idea then by all means PM me and i'll scrap the idea. I'm just bored in the off season.

Build it and they will come ( not the ducks the hunters ) I have seen a lot of blinds come and go. Most are taken out by the ice in the spring. I don't think your supposed to build permanent blinds but people do, So a semi perm (just for the season should be fine. However if Joe Meehan can get his hands on it he would most likely tear it down anyway. Keep it away from the slough I don't think he goes out on the lake. The thing is when people start to use it it will be shot out by the mid of sep. One of the reasons I never built one. Also I like being able to take mine with me (boat blind) you can hunt anywhere the ducks want to be. Some areas are more productive then others on some days so it's nice to be able to move where you need to be. In doing that you also keep from shooting a spot out. I under stand your boredom, maybe put you energy into building a boat blind. Or hay you could always come over and mow my lawn

I have known a couple of folks that have built temp blinds out there and their productivity varies greatly as Duckman says. They become good places to take naps after the first week of use but do OK once more/new birds move in. As long as it is built where ducks want to be it can be more functional. However, in an area where there is no specific draw such as food then they will get shot out quickly.

Out in the Swan and Leaf Lake areas I have built, or stacked rather, dead alders up as a background style blind for sitting on the shore in full camo. They might work better if I tied up a frame to support more alder poles, but when you have ducks landing at your feet - stoopid spoonies - how much more work do you need to put into a blind?

You are now pretty mobile with the Hybrid boat so get a dodger style cover on it or some doors and then pile on the raffia grass.

yea i'm going to pass on the idea. I have one main area out there that always seems to do well for me and there is never anyone there. I'm sure if I put up a blind there would be someone there half the time. heading down to the lower 48 tonight for a few weeks. it will only be 6 weeks to go by the time i get back. Not sure if i should be happy its that close or sad summer is already ending hahaha

I just pack one of the hunter specialties back back blinds, you can put it up in about 30 seconds and be slaying ducks. It works great.
    Some people call it sky busting... I call it optimism
    "Swans are a gift" -DucksandDogs
    I am a shoveler's worst nightmare!

duck slayer,
    what kind of blind? just found it thanks

It's called the hunters specialties back packer blind. It's a piece of max 4 cammo that is connected to 5 adjustable poles. It's also made of 3D material so you can still attach natural vegitation to it. You can get them out of cabelas for around 50 bucks.
    Some people call it sky busting... I call it optimism
    "Swans are a gift" -DucksandDogs
    I am a shoveler's worst nightmare!