Thread: Russian & Kenai River Sockeye Reports

Default Russian & Kenai River Sockeye Reports

The fish are stacked up really thick at the falls and the holes below it. Fish are moving into the upper stretches as of a few days ago. Water level is on the rise with some color kicking in.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenai Cache Outfitters View Post
    The fish are stacked up really thick at the falls and the holes below it. Fish are moving into the upper stretches as of a few days ago. Water level is on the rise with some color kicking in.
    Thanks for the report! Keep us updated please. I plan on making a russian run next weekend on my days off.
    Makin fur fins and feathers fly.

last week really sucked

elim are you referring to fishing on the Russian last week?

Fished below the ferry today on the high bank. Lots of fish passing through. Limited in about 2.5 hours. Fished remain spooked with low water. The water is rising with more color today.

I fished Thursday night and this morning in the Russian limited out with no problem at all. I seen the count tonight from yesterday and now thousands daily weir. I was surprized that the sanctuary is not opening yet good for me I like hiking the RUssian and finding FINS in the river. The only concern I have is people who pick up trash on the river told us that the sanctuary would not be opened because the forest service does not want people around bears they work for the forest service who run everything and are controlling F&G because of the bears. It sounds like it might be true have you heard anything about this? Will hit it again sunday keep your hooks sharp.