Thread: Finally Bit the Bullet

Default Finally Bit the Bullet

Well after reading on this forum for countless hours and about every other review I could find online I finally ordered a Nallo 3 from Barneys. I should be picking it up tuesday or wednesday. I hope its everything its supposed to be. Only took about 3 months to talk myself into a tent this expensive but now I cant wait to get it! Ill let you guys know what I think when I get it.

Just set it up my Nallo 3 for the first time, it was awesome, sets up easily, feels and looks very high quality. Only took about 7-8 minutes and that included reading the manuel just for fun. Roomy inside and very well thought out. Will post pics later. If you have been thinking about a Nallo I would recommend one for sure. Haven't used it overnight yet but will soon. Also rolls up nicely and easily goes back into the bag, very nice.

Cool! I've spent several nights in a Nallo 3 GT in sheep country. Those Hillebergs just reek of quality don't they!? Did you find the tag inside where the person that made the tent signed off on it? I remember when I got my Tarra in the middle of winter I set it up in the living room and crawled in. My wife just shook her head. It reminded me of being a little kid and going "camping" in the house Enjoy!

I have the Nallo 2...if I do it again, my next Hilleberg will be a free standing model for sure, after my experience, I won't mind packing the extra weight....

What was your experience? I have the 3GT with the floor liner - only used it on one sheep hunt so far except for a sample pitch in the back yard.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullelkklr View Post
    What was your experience? I have the 3GT with the floor liner - only used it on one sheep hunt so far except for a sample pitch in the back yard.
    Don't want to speak for Chuck, but this thread from last year probably had an effect on his thoughts.

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...unt?highlight=

Steve
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

I plan on using a golite teepee this fall but my 4GT will still get a ride on the bird to base camp. I expect that the golite will do the job without complaint but will definitely find comfort in knowing that the bomber is available if weather really turns and the teepee can't keep up.

Quote Originally Posted by dylanbrink View Post
    Just set it up my Nallo 3 for the first time, it was awesome, sets up easily, feels and looks very high quality. Only took about 7-8 minutes and that included reading the manuel just for fun. Roomy inside and very well thought out. Will post pics later. If you have been thinking about a Nallo I would recommend one for sure. Haven't used it overnight yet but will soon. Also rolls up nicely and easily goes back into the bag, very nice.
    Just made the jump as well, but got a Nallo 2 enroute. I can't wait to try it out!