Thread: Valdez for the 4th

Default Valdez for the 4th

Im taking the family to Valdez for the first time this weekend. Is there any spots i can possibly fish from shore? Also, what species are out there? i've heard silvers chum and pink

You can fish Pinks from Allison Point off the shore. I didnt have much luck last year only got 2 in two days. Fished with pixies

This is via member of Alaska outdoors directory forums lynch: You can view original thread on the saltwater forums under Valdez pinks. I'm thinking of taking the drive down there myself unsure at this point.

Just received a reply from a nice woman with the camber of commerce in Valdez. She said that as of yesterday morning no pinks have returned to the hatchery, but that seiners are catching them in the narrows a short ways away and that they expect them to return soon and be in Valdez in good numbers over the forth.

Quote Originally Posted by R&S_Goodtimes View Post
    You can fish Pinks from Allison Point off the shore. I didnt have much luck last year only got 2 in two days. Fished with pixies
    Just what you said above....Only add that both sides can be fished from shore. I have been there a few July 4th weekends and pink salmon can be had. Have fun and enjoy the parade & activities. We really liked watching the canoe jousting event in the city pond.
    http://www.myfishingpictures.com/watermark.php?file=133776
    Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
    www.alaskansalmonslayers.com