Thread: Internet Service Through Canada?

Default Internet Service Through Canada?

So I got to thinking... I will be taking an online college course beginning July 5 and ending on August 5th. Unfortunately, this coincides with my trip out west, up through Canada to AK (July 20th - August 10th). Obviously, I'm going to need internet access since this is an online course. I've got that covered for the US portion of our journey but was wondering... Is there Internet Coverage in Canada? If I pull into a campground, a motel or a coffee shop there, will they have free WiFi or the equivalent like we do in most of the US? If not, are there any inexpensive options for this?

Thanks in advance for your help!
    G3 Guy
    "...with God all things are possible." - Mark 10:27

Quote Originally Posted by G3_Guy View Post
    So I got to thinking... I will be taking an online college course beginning July 5 and ending on August 5th. Unfortunately, this coincides with my trip out west, up through Canada to AK (July 20th - August 10th). Obviously, I'm going to need internet access since this is an online course. I've got that covered for the US portion of our journey but was wondering... Is there Internet Coverage in Canada? If I pull into a campground, a motel or a coffee shop there, will they have free WiFi or the equivalent like we do in most of the US? If not, are there any inexpensive options for this?

Thanks in advance for your help!
    We do have internet coverage, just make sure you bring you fur trimmed parka as it gets pretty cold sitting in the igloo surfing the net...

Seriously though, most of the major campgrounds and motel/hotels will have WiFi internet. Should be no different than in the States.

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysfishn View Post
    We do have internet coverage, just make sure you bring you fur trimmed parka as it gets pretty cold sitting in the igloo surfing the net...

Seriously though, most of the major campgrounds and motel/hotels will have WiFi internet. Should be no different than in the States.
    Man, I hope I can learn to type with gloves or mittens on. Just kidding!

Thanks for the response, I appreciate it. I've never driven further west than the Mississippi River or further north than Maryland, so a trip through a different country leaves me with some possibly odd and/or foolish questions.
    G3 Guy
    "...with God all things are possible." - Mark 10:27

Just don't try to use your AT&T broadband or an iPhone 15 dollars a mb last time I went thru it's crazy expensive.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW-----what a ride!
    Unknown author