Thread: Best Drop Down Rest To Be Used With FOBs

Default Best Drop Down Rest To Be Used With FOBs

I am looking for the best Drop Down that you can use Starrflight FOBs with. Any one have any suggestions? And also how do you like the FOBs / Worth switching to?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue8Gulf View Post
    I am looking for the best Drop Down that you can use Starrflight FOBs with. Any one have any suggestions? And also how do you like the FOBs / Worth switching to?
    Starrflight has a great website and the owner will respond to questions. I have used them and they work great,, I shoot a Mathews Q2 with a Muzzy drop away rest. Here is a link to the FOB forum talking about several different rest.

http://www.teamstarrflight.com/f2-dr...setup-for-fobs

Good Luck

Steve
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

Best rest I've used with FOBs has been the Vaportrail Limbdriver. Due to the ease of setup and clearance. The new Limbdriver Pro V rest is a great choice, and its full containment. With that said, many drop rests work fine with FOBs ive used ripcord, qad, octane tripwire before and they worked good but I just love the ease of setup and reliability of the limbdrivers.

Here is a good video on FOB/Limbdriver setup. Easy.

I use a ripcord with no problems at all very good rest.
    Bow hunters do it with longer shafts

I went with the QAD Pro HD. Compared a lot of different rest. This one had a lot of good reviews. Now I am excited to try out the Starrflight FOBs. Of course I wasn't recommended to use FOBs until I bought a Fletching Jig and Blazer Vanes (which shoot pretty good). So When I get back I might have a Jig for sale. Thanks for the links and suggestions.

Limbdriver.

Limbdriver.

Limbdriver.

Taylor

I'm a compound newby so take this with a grain of salt. Shot recurves and longbows for 40 years and got a PSE Vendetta XL a couple months ago and passed the bowhunter cert about 10 days ago. I'm using the trophy ridge revolution rest mainly because it stays cocked on let down. The speed, accuracy and silence of these compounds is amazing.

One disadvantage of the rest staying cocked on let down is that it explodes if you get so engrossed in shooting and tuning that your muscles fatigue and fail to hold the string all the way back prior to the release (creep?) thereby failing to allow the rest to fire and having your FOB smack the rest so hard that half of the rest disappears along with your FOB and $10 graphite arrow and something cuts your bow hand slightly

Trophy ridge must be a subsidiary of Bear because Bear had a new part in the mail that day and it was pretty easy to install. After that then one is much more careful about holding against the "wall" prior to releasing. I've shot a couple hundred arrows since without a problem but the experience led me to research the QAD HD PRO which looks great and stays cocked on let down which I think I like, but I also noticed the NAP Apache has full containment and it doesn't need to stay cocked for containment, so if an old, fatigued, engrossed archer creeps the string forward prior to release it will still get out of the way of your FOB at least enough to stop an explosion in your bow hand and dirty underwear.

The Limbdriver pro V looks very interesting for the same reasons (essentially full containment and gets out of the way for old guys that can't hold the wall) and using the limb instead of the down cable seems that it would be more consistent, it seems you could change your draw weight without worrying about how it is going to effect your rest timing, just so you know, if I change my draw weight then I have to re-time my revolution since it is connected to the down cable, unless I wanted to enjoy another simulated myocardial infarction just for fun. Sorry this was a little long, just some food for thought.