Thread: sitka gear

Default sitka gear

anyone buy the sitka line of camo, it is really expensive but i heard it is good stuff, anyone know anything about it?

See the 2 tumbs up thread

Yes, I hunted in the Sitka gear all last fall and absolutely love it! I received mine just before elk season opened here in Idaho and wore it all fall on various hunts, from 75 degree afternoons in September to 10 degree evenings in 18 inches of snow in December. It performed flawlessly on every single hunt. The stuff dries amazingly fast and the layering system is near perfect. You can literally leave camp in the morning with temps in the 20's and still be fine later that afternoon when temps hit the 70's. With the new raingear they have added for 2007, I can't imagine needing anything additional. It is spendy, but they absolutely stand behind every piece of gear they sell. It's definitely made to last, and other than the price, I've never heard anyone complain about it. And I never hear anyone complain about the price after they purchase it... :-) You'll love it!

Corey

Default Sold Out!!!

I tried to order some to add to my collection and they are sold out until the 2007 line comes out this summer. I would say that speaks very well of the product. I will try it for this fall season.
    Steve

Default Sitka gear

I was in Barney's yesterday and they had a fair supply of the Sitka gear in stock.

Default Also sold at

wiggys now in Anchorage sells the Sitka gear also. I think he has the complete line. I cant wait to see what the hype is all about.

Default Wiggys

Wiggys only had some samples two weeks ago when I was in there. Mark was at that time still considering carring the stuff.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

Default Wiggy's

I called and tried to place an order with Wiggy's. I talked to Mark, we has samples in the store. The Sitka website shows it all mostly sold out. Mark called and talked to the folks at Sitka and they told him that they were sold out of most sizes until they get their 2007 line. Have not been to or talked to Barney's so that may be an option.
    Steve

Default Barney's

Barney's did have some Sitka gear. Placed a order today for the spring bear season. Got the 90% Jacket and the mountain pants. Thanks for the tip, will report back once I get to try it in the field.

Steve

You might want to think about ordering it from Marc, I ordered the Mountain pants and shirt last weekend. Unless your in a real hurry I would go talk with Marc.

Default Wiggy's

I talked to mark and they were sold out in my size until the fall. I tried but wanted it for the spring hunt. I hear only great things about Mark and Wiggy's.

Steve